First use of my PE-ness

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PE-ness

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got to use my PE-ness this week, and I hate to say it, but there were problems.

I had been so excited about using it. In fact, it's all I have been thinking about. For years. So I guess I might have been a little nervous when I was presented with the opportunity. Or maybe it was the three martinis at lunch.

Whatever it was, I confess that I botched the process a bit. First, I guess I just didn't have a good grip on it and I missed the designated box several times. My client was quite forgiving, and gave me a few minutes to prepare another set and try again. On my second try, I got it in the right place, but I think I finished up too fast - the mark wasn't quite dark enough, so I had to try again, but I was already out of ink!

By this time I was pretty flustered and embarassed with myself. My client was pretty understanding, and said she would come back again today for me to try again. But I am ready to head home now, and she never came back.

Do you guys think I blew it with my client by failing to make a good first impression with my PE-ness? Maybe my client went elsewhere?

^ I recommend using an electronic version of your PE-ness. It leaves a consistent mark that's always on target. You don't have to worry about running out of ink or equipment failure. Your client will be satisfied with your superior attention to her needs. You can even adjust it to be lighter or heavier per her request. Plus, it will free up your PE-ness for use elsewhere, perhaps for a concurrent project with the very same client.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried your advice, VTEnviro, and used an electronic PE-ness.

Unfortunately, I have to say that you still need to worry about equipment failure. I am not sure what happened, but I suspect some liquid got into the electronics and it shorted out. Kind of exploded, actually. It was not a pretty sight.

Good thing I tested it out on myself first, and not my client. In fact, that's why I haven't been able to post lately. I got a little bit burned in the explosion. The Doctor wanted to keep me in the hospital for obervation for a while. Said he had never seen anything like that before, and wanted to make sure everything healed up OK.

:dunno:

You know I may hang in the background and miss out on the glory, but I aint getting exploded on either. :2cents:

Are you saying that you had premature stampilation or you are just shooting blanks?

You know I may hang in the background and miss out on the glory, but I aint getting exploded on either. :2cents:

^LMFAO

Its good to see that the testees are paying attention to the PE-ness' and learning from their mistakes on this board...

I was just thinking, since the pass rate varies by dicipline.... us mechanical PEs have two testees per PE-ness... while you civil guys have closer to three testees for every PE-ness!! Wierd!

If you think that's weird, us 3 or 4 envl guys on the board here have no testees between the bunch of us...which might explain a few things!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an single testee in the entire group of admins on this board?
nary a marble up in the penthouse from what I read.

but those fellahs sure seem quick to whip out thier PE-ness.

I wonder if those things are like a samuri sword, once you pull it out, you have to stamp something before you put it back.

someday I'll have one of my own... :sniff:

nary a marble up in the penthouse from what I read.
but those fellahs sure seem quick to whip out thier PE-ness.

I wonder if those things are like a samuri sword, once you pull it out, you have to stamp something before you put it back.

someday I'll have one of my own... :sniff:
I've heard of all cock and no balls... but...

I guess livestock and recreational equipment don't really fit into the context of this thread...

Wow, when busting your PE virginhood you need to be more sure of yourself. But maybe you'll hit the spot more consistently with experience or some practice in private!!!!

Latest posts

Back