Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you guys who thought the PM Transpo was tough, pass .... all I can say is, take EET if you need to. I was very prepared for this test thanks to those guy. If I don't pass it will be due to my own stupidity or getting sucked into traps that I didn't pick up on.

I felt good about the Water Resources exam, which I was stressing over beforehand since I studied it in college but spent 3.5 years in the transportation world after graduation.

I just wanted to get it out of the way . Why wait when you can take the exam? I thought my calculations will carry me through and then I will pick a letter for the experience based questions I should be able to guess some of them right.. It just didn't go as I planned I managed my time poorly, I jumped from question to question and I spent too much time looking up experience based questions. I had to finish few calculator questions in last half an hour because I knew how to solve them but I waited till the end because I was too busy looking up answers for experience based in Perrys I did learn a lot of knowledge from not answering PE questions correctly ... are there any PE chemical license holders here I need advice. What do I tell my boss?

Also I used lindenburg for prep. I gave up reading it cover to cover so I just made a 3 ring binder with formulas organized by the six sections on the test . Then I did six minutes and NCEES and brushed up on stoiciometry and used my formula binder to answers those questions.

My binder did help me during the exam with few questions. Perrys with at least 2 questions . i think I used lindenburg too for 1 questions. My plant design book carried me through 3 questions. so any advice how I can do better?
i'd just sit tight to see how the results pan out.

4e7391ebc1d1bbb3aef987b8431a1cf3.jpg

Overall I feel pretty good about the Mechanical Engineering Thermal and Fluids Exam. Honestly though, I was surprised how much the practice exam and regular exam reused the basic concepts over and over again with just slight variations. I really asked myself a couple times, "Didn't I just solve this problem?" Sure enough, I look back a couple questions and there is an almost identical conceptual problem with just a different shell around it.
^^^^ I noticed this too

Is it just me, or was the ME Morning Test heavy on the mechanics side and light on the other areas this year? The practice exam seemed a lot more balanced to me.

I felt like the test was hard but not as hard as when I took it last year April. Fortunately, I went through EET's prep class so there were a few questions that felt like gifts that required only second of calculations. I think I am most worried about all of the conceptual questions I encountered during the morning. FWIW, I took Civil Transportation.

I cannot tell you how large the smirk was on my face when I sat down at the table and saw that blue pencil. A part of me thought, "Well hell, ptatohed was right." That gave me a quick laugh before the morning session.

The other highlight was the girl in 3 inch high heels carrying her banker's box... :popcorn: and the men's restroom line that was 4 times as long as the womens. One of the few times I can say I had an ultra short restroom line while the men had to suffer and wait. :woot:

I don't see why you would need to give them advanced notice. The pass rates for the PE exam are well known and upper management should already be cognizant of that.

You should wait until you know definitively that you've failed before simply notifying your boss. The conversation should be a simple, "Well you know that I took the April PE exam, I just wanted you to know that I did not pass this time around. It was a very good learning experience and I plan on retaking the exam."

If you do fail you should stress that you learned something from the process and hopefully you plan on retaking the exam.

Then again I passed on my first attempt to I may be full of it but my management experience tells me that's how I would approach it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back