Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't you write a letter and change your birthday? 
Went the federal govt route and had an observed birthday on Saturday.  Its all good!  I should add that I took and passed the FE on my birthday, my husband took and passed the PEon my birthday... Maybe its a good thing I took it on my birthday!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m reading where people who only guessed on 5-10 questions each section are worrying about if they passed. Ha! I don’t have a snow ball’s chance in hell if that’s the case.

Honestly, of the now four  :unsure:  times I've taken the test, this time I feel the most confident. AM was the usual experience for me, some easy, some more traumatic....but I still left feeling pretty good. The WRE PM was amazing (speaking as a 4-timer here), I blew through the first half in under an hour and had to keep pinching myself, like - am I even doing this right? There were those last 10 or so questions in the PM that took me a while to get through, but for the most part I think I got where I needed to be with them (Shout out to Nazrul at EET (woop woop!). So I don't want to jinx myself, but I'm ohhhh so hopeful.

As a side note, there was one question (that I can remember) in the morning that I thought was really badly worded - could easily have gone either way. Does anyone know if there's an official comments thread for actual questions - can I kick up a stink with NCEES or is it just tough luck? I'm sure that survey will come along at some point (or maybe it won't  ;) ) but that's more for accommodations/experience right?

last april i added up the diagnostic score to be 41, and the texas board showed 61 score.  It must have been a big curve for Civil Water Resources.   Some people here on EB said they scored 69 with about 48 problems correct if I remembered correctly.

If there are questions that seem confusing, send them in to ncees! The more they hear from us, the likelihood they’ll relook at the question(s). 

I have a feeling they don't really look at our comments concerning test questions.  They have a whole team of graders looking at how people scored on the exam and determine which problems to omit.   I will still send in my comments tho.  There were a few questions that just circled my brain and confused me the more I attempted solving it.  I made a guess and moved on.  The afternoon session for Water Resources had a few weird questions that should not even show up on the exam, because it can throw u off the rest of the exam.

Last october i was now allowed to take the exam due to my driver's license expiring right before the exam and they had a hard time justifying the temporary license that I brought.  I sent an email to [email protected] and received credit for the issue.  There is also a live chat button on the bottom right corner of ncees.org website too.  TBH i don't even remember the questions that confused me anymore, because I just wanted to erase it from my memory while I was taking the exam. 

Last october i was now allowed to take the exam due to my driver's license expiring right before the exam and they had a hard time justifying the temporary license that I brought.  I sent an email to [email protected] and received credit for the issue.  There is also a live chat button on the bottom right corner of ncees.org website too.  TBH i don't even remember the questions that confused me anymore, because I just wanted to erase it from my memory while I was taking the exam. 
Yeah I am the same way. I don't remember a whole lot of the questions. I remember a couple that I was stuck on and had to make an educated guess but other than that, I don't remember much.

Yeah I am the same way. I don't remember a whole lot of the questions. I remember a couple that I was stuck on and had to make an educated guess but other than that, I don't remember much.
Yeah the questions was like this and like this and it asked this.  Hmm, I'd be surprised if they would even take my comments seriously if I can't even describe it in full detail.

On another note,  NCEES has exam status as "RESULT PENDING" today.  Is everyone getting the same status? 

That is such a pain!  I renewed my license in September since it expired on test day, and I didn't want to risk it, or risk just having the paper one.  Same thing happened when I took the FE, except I didn't renew it.  I had contacted the NCEES and the testing agency to make sure they knew what was coming, and the "lady was like, cutting it a bit close huh?" At any rate, she gave me her cell number to have the proctors call if they had an issue with it.  (They did not) I mean really, how often do the darn things expire!

On another note,  NCEES has exam status as "RESULT PENDING" today.  Is everyone getting the same status? 
Yeah. The more details page is acting up for me. It's nothing important on that page but explains to you the grading process and stuff like that. This is my second time btw so I have been through this waiting....

That is such a pain!  I renewed my license in September since it expired on test day, and I didn't want to risk it, or risk just having the paper one.  Same thing happened when I took the FE, except I didn't renew it.  I had contacted the NCEES and the testing agency to make sure they knew what was coming, and the "lady was like, cutting it a bit close huh?" At any rate, she gave me her cell number to have the proctors call if they had an issue with it.  (They did not) I mean really, how often do the darn things expire!
That's so dumb. That temp is accepted by the LAW, and yet the proctors had an issue. Cmon. They themselves have experienced carrying that temp license. 

Friday was my second attempt as well so I am cautiously awaiting the exam results.  I didn't think i did poorly in April, but I failed miserably.  This time I know i did alot better, but I'm not sure if its enough.  I will have to stay away from EB awhile to calm the waiting nerves.

The proctor took his time last October.  There were more than 5 people who were not allowed to take the exam, because they didn't bring the printed authorization form.  They showed him the form on their cell phone and the proctor said "no cell phones allowed" so it don't count.  It was a weird October 2016 morning.

Back