FE Study Manual choices

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

progressive

Reaction score
I am just learning about Barron's Manual for FE prep. I already have Lindeburg one. How is the Barron's manual? Same setup as Lindeburg's?

One more, anyone do great with the TAMU videos and thought those helped a lot?

I am just learning about Barron's Manual for FE prep. I already have Lindeburg one. How is the Barron's manual? Same setup as Lindeburg's?
One more, anyone do great with the TAMU videos and thought those helped a lot?
Barron's 2nd Edition seems to be quite thorough (at least compared to the first edition). There are lots of problems to work and the book only costs $20. A much worthier investment than the god awful Kaplan's manual. All general topics are covered in the 2nd Edition, and it includes a diagnostic exam and full morning/afternoon exam. I'm willing to bet you could get by on this manual alone.

I've worked from the Lindeburg more times than I hope any of you will have to. The Lindeburg manual is probably the most thorough of them all, but many of the questions can be a bit difficult to approach without peaking at the solution. You can use the Barron's in conjuction with Lindeburg, getting familiar with the topics in Barron's and then moving to Lindeburg. I suggest going to your local Barnes & Noble and skimming through Barron's manual. I just wouldn't recommend Kaplan.

Just wanted to add: I just completed the Prob & Stat section of Barrons. Compared to Lindeburg, Barron's provided much better preparation for the statistics portion (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, etc.) Those can be very long and intimidating problems if you've never had much experience with them. So overall it seems like a great supplement to the Lindeburg.

Back