FE October 2013...Harder than other times?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry Snarea. Ive been there twice and it made me feel bad but you have to come back up again and pass it your next time in which I am sure you will!!! Keep your head up, it happens to many of us!

Colleagues-- It is easier to prepare for this examination using some methodology. Look very carefully on the NCEES web site for the subjects that will be on the test. The new CBT test is much more discipline specific than previously-- hence, the breadth is not as great, but the depth is greater. You should carefully review and really understand each of the subjects that are identified on the NCEES web site.

Really know the subject matter and what they are asking. There is no reason to have to take this test more than 1X, nor is there any reason to struggle to take it 3-4X. Really learn the subjects that are identified on the NCEES web site. If you have gone through an ABET accredited Engineering program, this should be very straight forward. Now, if you barely got through the program, well, OK, it might be more difficult. However, at the end of the day, the test is designed to measure a broad base of your competency that you have achieved in your engineering program.

You can do this-- this is not spooky or complicated. If you are struggling, then you don't know the material well enough to sit for the exam. There is no reason to pay for the exam multiple times. Prepare wisely, take it once and be done with it.

The new CBT rules allow you to take the exam 3X in a 12 month period. I strongly recommend that you really know and UNDERSTAND the elements of examination as listed on the NCEES web site. IF you don't ---- then you are not ready to take the exam. Get this down solid-- really understand it-- then you can comfortably take the exam, pass it and move on with your life.

Back