FE CBT RESULT DIAGNOSTIC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I did the math correctly, your raw score was 57.89%. So you answered 58 questions right out of 100, which means you were 12 questions, give or take a few, away from passing. Ptatohed, you agree with this?
Hmm... I've never tried to calc a score from an FE diagnostic. In fact, I've actually never seen an FE diagnostic before (not trying to brag, just being honest. ;) But, giving it a go, I got 57.03%. So, he needed 13 more questions correct. ? How'd you do it Wiz? I did it like this: (7.9/15)7 + (9/15)7 + (15/15)4 +........ (8.1/15)4 = 57.03333.

Mike, post your report. We'll help you make sense of it. Get a free photobucket account. Upload pic. Then copy and paste the IMG tag here. Done.
You can post images by using the EB 'Attach Files' option... but you'll likely have to compress the image file first to meet EB's skimpy maximum file size.
Just let us know when members would like to start making extra contributions to allow for greater file attachment sizes. Host server storage space is not cheap. ;)
I was not trying to say anything derogatory Mr. fox, I promise. I was just stating it factually. I actually am very grateful that there is even any attachment upload option at all on EB. It's much easier for lazy dudes like me to quickly compress a picture than it is to go find an external host site and link to it. :)

PS. My "extra contributions" come in the form of my time here, not money. ;)

Thank you ptatohed and wizard for the breakdown. Wizard in your calcs. you assumed that the test is 100 quest when its actually 110 questions. That might actually lower my score. How would the group go about calculating a score if for example in math you have a range from 7 to 11 questions and not a definite number of them. The average number or the max?

I studied for about 3 months mostly on weekends and some evenings due to working full time. I mostly did quizzes from the online quiz bank I bought and some chapters from the big yellow book. however the yellow book was very slow to go through. My problem with the quiz bank was that the questions are very hard compared to the test wasted to much time on it. For the next go around I plan to go through the yellow book to learn the concepts better and have not decided on wether to do the quiz bank again. However it does help you greatly with your speed and closely simulates the actual exam.

I did not feel prepared when I took the exam but I had been postponing the exam for 5 years now. Getting over the fear of actually taking the exam was the hardest part. The psychological battle is the toughest part. When I was taking the exam it really did not seem that hard as I had put in to my head that it was. Time management is HUGE!!! I did good with time management and not getting stuck. If I got answers wrong is because I truly did not know what to do.

When I add up the 'number of items', hence the number of questions per subject area, it comes to 100. But you're saying it's 110 questions total?

Hmm... I've never tried to calc a score from an FE diagnostic. In fact, I've actually never seen an FE diagnostic before (not trying to brag, just being honest. ;) But, giving it a go, I got 57.03%. So, he needed 13 more questions correct. ? How'd you do it Wiz? I did it like this: (7.9/15)7 + (9/15)7 + (15/15)4 +........ (8.1/15)4 = 57.03333.
I did it a little bit different, but I would think the results would come out the same. Apparently not though. haha. Yours is probably correct.

I did it like this: (7.9+9+15+.....8.1) / (15*18) = 57.89.

Then I was going to divide 57.89 by the number of questions to get my final answer. But since I counted 100 questions, I didn't need to do any further math and was done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for your responses. So although it varies, i've heard/read that about 70% is needed. Is that based on the weighted percentage of the 1-15 scale?

Thanks everyone for your responses. So although it varies, i've heard/read that about 70% is needed. Is that based on the weighted percentage of the 1-15 scale?

FET, I think it is an "adjusted" or "scaled" 70% but, dude, you need to not worry about this stuff - you need to concentrate on studying your b. off. That is how you will pass. :)

Hope this helps while preparing for the FE.

I bought the FE/EIT sample examination by lindeburg and started working the problems using a copy of the supplied reference manual.

The key is to learn how to use the supplied reference while solving the problems.

I remember taking the exam and looking at some problems that had never seen in college but the formulas were in that reference book. I just had to spend a little time to plug the numbers.

That was in fall 2012, don't know if it has changed with the new test format.

Definitely spend some time with Economics.

If you have taken the FE once and failed, don't screw around. Go to Prepineer.com, sign up for your discipline specific exam review, take the course and then go pass the FE exam. There is no reason to take this more than 1 time. As has been mentioned above, you have to score at least "average" to have any chance of passing the exam.

Prepineer has the course work, that if fully completed, should allow a candidate to successfully pass the FE exam. Remember, this is not that tough. You got through an ABET accredited engineering program. Don't make this any harder than it is-- if you have been away from school for more than a couple of years, taking a review course is the way to go.

You will have to make some schedule adjustments-- family, significant other, recreation time, sports-- if you want to pass this-- then put your shoulder to the wheel and push hard. Establish a test date and then plan on hitting the books and review courses hard. Yeah, I know, new baby, new job, summer time, sunshine-- got it. If you want to pass this exam, you will have to make some short time sacrifices for long term gain.

Prepineer.com has a structured program that has been successful for many folks. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Hello

I took FE General and failed, I am interested in taking FE civil exam the second time. Any suggestions?

If I did the math correctly, your raw score was 57.89%. So you answered 58 questions right out of 100, which means you were 12 questions, give or take a few, away from passing. Ptatohed, you agree with this?

Mike, post your report. We'll help you make sense of it. Get a free photobucket account. Upload pic. Then copy and paste the IMG tag here. Done.
You can post images by using the EB 'Attach Files' option... but you'll likely have to compress the image file first to meet EB's skimpy maximum file size.
Just let us know when members would like to start making extra contributions to allow for greater file attachment sizes. Host server storage space is not cheap. ;)
I was not trying to say anything derogatory Mr. fox, I promise. I was just stating it factually. I actually am very grateful that there is even any attachment upload option at all on EB. It's much easier for lazy dudes like me to quickly compress a picture than it is to go find an external host site and link to it. :) PS. My "extra contributions" come in the form of my time here, not money. ;)

Hello,

I took FE civil last wensday, but I didn't recieve my result yet. How long it usually take?! Anyone know. Thanks

Back