Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ LOL! I love spaceballs!

Congrats on all of the little ones everyone!!

Little Structural #2 is on his/her way! Thanksgiving day is what the OB math says. Our little butterball!
Our 1st thinks that it is going to be a sister because it's in "mommy's tummy and [he] has a brother in [his] tummy". That's kind of cute, but makes me think of the alien in Spaceballs. Yes Spaceballs not Alien because Spaceballs is funnier.
congrats! And I totally agree spaceballs is definitely funnier

Well, we have quite the update for the day. Ms. Biker and I have been doing work around the house to get ready for our little one and I have half the house a little discombobulated and Mini-Biker decided to show up this morning just to surprise us. Mom and mini are doing well and are trying to get some rest. It had been a long night. Wife's water broke but did not have any heavy contractions so I decided to put a second coat of paint on the ceiling I am working on before we headed over to the hospital. Had to send a friend out for a baby book as we were still waiting for this week to get a couple things done. 7lb4oz and 20". He seems happy and pretty sleepy for now. Should be an adventure from here.

Copy_of_Baby_Closeuper.JPG

Congrats Biker. Sounds like you had a similar story to when my first was born. During the 2 days my wife was recovering in the hospital, I was at home assembling the crib, swing, rocking chair, etc...

Well, we have quite the update for the day. Ms. Biker and I have been doing work around the house to get ready for our little one and I have half the house a little discombobulated and Mini-Biker decided to show up this morning just to surprise us. Mom and mini are doing well and are trying to get some rest. It had been a long night. Wife's water broke but did not have any heavy contractions so I decided to put a second coat of paint on the ceiling I am working on before we headed over to the hospital. Had to send a friend out for a baby book as we were still waiting for this week to get a couple things done. 7lb4oz and 20". He seems happy and pretty sleepy for now. Should be an adventure from here.
congrats! Very cute definitely a keeper.

Congrats Biker!! I think we had the nursery completed by the time Mrs. Ble was 7 months, so we didn't have to worry about being surprised. Of course, it helped that we had almost everything given to us by family so we didn't have to buy much.

Congrats Biker!! I think we had the nursery completed by the time Mrs. Ble was 7 months, so we didn't have to worry about being surprised. Of course, it helped that we had almost everything given to us by family so we didn't have to buy much.
The nice thing is that the nursery was one of the first rooms we redid. The problem is that the great room (about 45sqft with a vaulted ceiling) is the last room we have been working on. We have been removing all of the texured popcorn ceilings and been redoing them as flat. Started the great room on Saturday and we currently have all of our couches and furniture spread out over the dining room, guest bedroom and our piano is in the hallway. just a little tight. I have to go and install the ceiling fan and then we can put everything back in. I may sneak out for a few hours tomorrow and polish it off. It has been a good day.

Congrats on the good news, guys!

... so depending on how she grows up we can adjust her nickname accordingly. It allows her to have the option of a "male" nickname (Alex) for the work/office environment, she could have a "cute" nickname (Lexi, Sandra, Alexis) if she grows up into a "princess". Having a "male" nickname can provide a certain extra level of equality at the workplace (depending on where she works).
Smart thinking. Hopefully, by time the next generation is in the workforce, there won't be a need to have a "male identity" to be taken seriously. It has changed a lot in 20 years and I think the next 20 years will change a lot more.

Back