Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Encourage Mrs NJ to do jumping jacks.

oops, this isn't the bad advice thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
Encourage Mrs NJ to do jumping jacks.

oops, this isn't the bad advice thread...
Funny you mention that. Until she went out on maternity leave, she worked at pediatrician's office. One of the doctor's actually suggested that to her.

i prefer all the time afterwards...
yeah, she's also taking family leave time too. So in the end, she gets 4 weeks before and 6 weeks after on maternity (disability) and another six weeks on family leave. Then she's going to give them her notice that she's not returning.

we have a sweet maternity/family leave policy. 4 weeks paid maternity with up to 3 months total maternity leave then up to another 9 months of family leave for a total of a yr off if you wanted. I worked part time during the 9 months of family leave remaining.

Unless I drug her, she ain't letting me anywhere near her right now. So now I continue to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now the latest. Tomorrow Mrs NJ has a doctors appointment and all indications are that the dr will want to I duce and deliver tomorrow. The only problem is that we are expecting a helluva snow storm, possible blizzard conditions. My BIL is supposed to come and stay with my kids while we are at the hospital. Why do I get the feeling that I will be snowed in and have to deliver this kid with my 4 year old?

Bad weather always induces labor. Mrs Dex has told me they always see an influx of new babies at the hospital when bad weather strikes. She says it's attributed to the change in barometric pressure...

Really? That's interesting. I just hope that I've gotten this planned out to be ahead of the snow. This could have all been avoided had Mrs NJ listened to me when asked her to call the dr and discuss his plan relative to the impending weather. Keeping in mind that we also have two small children to account for. But no, she thought I was nuts. I will be sure to remind her of that on our way to the hospital in blizzard conditions.

Lol. You bet I will. Probably not the smartest idea, but neither was her underestimating my suggestion.

As a matter of fact, I just got some potentially cool news. I was just trolling/asking questions on the Facebook page of the local NBC news station. Their chief meteorologist asked to contact me personally to see if my wife and I are interested in them doing a story on us and the pregnancy and how we are closely watching the weather patterns. He's going to pitch it to the news room and we'll see where it goes. Making the local news because we are having a baby. #Winning.

Back