Exercise

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I know what you mean. Everytime I play pickup basketball it feels like someone broke every bone in my feet.

I got submarined in our basketball game on Wed. I went up to block a guys shot and he put his shoulder into my legs while I was in mid air. I ended up horizontal in midair and smacked into the floor. Sore ribs and wrist today.

I wouldn't worry about how big your quads are. As long as you both run and bike, your body will develop what it needs to do both. I remember feeling like I had these huge, jiggling masses on the front of my legs back when I was biking a lot more than running. But after I ran for a while, I never noticed it anymore. Of course, now thta I hardly ride, I no longer have the "turbo quads" (or the gorilla butt :sniff: )

Now that I am starting to get to the weight where I want to be (159.5 this morning...was 198.5 in June) I am starting to concentrate on getting a routine that I can live with.
That's impressive GT! Good job. I think we need before and after pics.

The quads developing faster than anything else do make me feel like I have leg boobs. I wish my biceps had developed at this freakishly fast rate.

I went and looked at some treadmills this weekend and now, more than ever, think I want to try running on the track by my house instead. The treadmills all seemed to feel unnatural.

I need to dig up some pictures. I think the most notable thing (well, that you will see in pictures that I post here) is the loss of weight in my face. Everything has changed though as my waist size has dropped about 4" and I think that by the time I get to my goal (about 10 more lbs to go) I will be down 6" in my waist.

-GT

The quads developing faster than anything else do make me feel like I have leg boobs. I wish my biceps had developed at this freakishly fast rate.
I went and looked at some treadmills this weekend and now, more than ever, think I want to try running on the track by my house instead. The treadmills all seemed to feel unnatural.

I need to dig up some pictures. I think the most notable thing (well, that you will see in pictures that I post here) is the loss of weight in my face. Everything has changed though as my waist size has dropped about 4" and I think that by the time I get to my goal (about 10 more lbs to go) I will be down 6" in my waist.

-GT
Keep it up GTS. Great job!!!!!!!!!!.... :bio:

^^^Way to go GTS, keep it up!

You must be very happy with your current results. That is amazing.

-Ray

Thanks guys!

The strangest thing is that I never thought I could lose or would need to lose 40 lbs. I never really looked to be overweight. One day I just put my weight into one of the ideal body mass calculators and it said I was 30-whatever lbs overweight. That was a wake up call. I am 5'-8", medium build and weighed 198.5 in June with a 36" waist. I found that being more aware of what I was eating caused the biggest change. For anyone looking to drop some weight and not add on a 3 hour a night work out routine, count your calories for a few weeks and see where you get.

-GT

Wow, great job GT!!!

My exercise routine suffered mightily in recent weeks. What with studying and working 70 hour weeks there isn't a lot of time for exercise. I can't wait until November.

GT: sound advice and kudos on your dedication to the commitment. Keep it up.

Back