EET Review Class Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyTop PE

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted in the past, but I was unable to find anything related to it.  I'm in a bit of a weird situation...I took the EET breadth and depth (WRE) course last spring (2015) anticipating I was going to be taking the exam in April 2015.  Long story short some things with work and personal life delayed me taking the exam and now I am taking it this time around (April 2016).  I'm obviously going back through all of the class notes and doing all of the practice problems for the exam in April.  

My question is whether I should be doing additional problems for exam prep outside of what EET provides.  I have several practice exams (NCEES, Goswami, and one other I forget the name of) that I am going to use to track my progress, but should I be doing additional problems from the CERM, six minute solutions, Goswami text, etc.?  Based on what I seen so far there are plenty of practice problems from EET to keep me busy from now until exam time, but I still wanted to check.

Thanks guys.

Matt 

Sorry if this has been posted in the past, but I was unable to find anything related to it.  I'm in a bit of a weird situation...I took the EET breadth and depth (WRE) course last spring (2015) anticipating I was going to be taking the exam in April 2015.  Long story short some things with work and personal life delayed me taking the exam and now I am taking it this time around (April 2016).  I'm obviously going back through all of the class notes and doing all of the practice problems for the exam in April.  

My question is whether I should be doing additional problems for exam prep outside of what EET provides.  I have several practice exams (NCEES, Goswami, and one other I forget the name of) that I am going to use to track my progress, but should I be doing additional problems from the CERM, six minute solutions, Goswami text, etc.?  Based on what I seen so far there are plenty of practice problems from EET to keep me busy from now until exam time, but I still wanted to check.

Thanks guys.

Matt 
Matt,

I do hope you mean that you'll be taking the April 2017 exam and not 2016, otherwise you may have some difficulties with that! :happy:  But to answer your question, yes, you should be solving as many problems as you can, no matter the source. I took both the breadth and depth EET course and they were VERY helpful, but I also spent a lot of time on my own going through the practice problems from EET and several other sources of practice problems (some of which you mentioned above). I was putting in 2.5 hours of studying before work and 3-4 more hours after work everyday of the week for about 3.5 months. That is probably way more than most people need but I didn't want to walk into the exam thinking I could've studied more. As for the weekends, I would sit through the 8-10 hour lectures on Saturdays and call it a day and on Sunday I would begin the practice problems from the lecture and start looking for practice problems that related to that topic from other sources. All in all I was putting in about 40-42 hours a week for 3.5 months. Hope this helps and good luck!! :)  

Yes apparently I don't know what year it is so figuring that out would be a good start!  I took the review class in 2016 and I am taking the exam this April 2017.  It's been a long morning of studying before working/engineer boarding.  I am pretty much through all of the breadth practice problems provided by EET, saving structures (the bane of my existence) for last.  I figure I will go ahead and move on to the depth sections since there are so many more practice problems and then circle back to additional resources if I have time before the exam.  I've been averaging 3-5 hours per day during the week and a little bit more on the weekends.  Going to take my first breadth practice exam this weekend to gauge where I am at.   

Back