EET - PE Civil WRE Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nazrul is the real deal when it comes to Water Resources. You are in great hands.

John, Josh,

Both of your responses were helpful. Thanks.

I have an additional question (or two): Does EET make reference to the CERM or any other study guide? Or are the EET notes independent from other resources?
Dude I'm not kidding .... I used the CERM for exactly 1 problem on the exam. I used the All in One for 1 problem on the exam. The rest of my problems (those that I didn't need Green Book, HCM, or MUTCD for), came directly from the EET binders.

I was 75% done the exam, and couldn't help but laugh a little bit...it almost seems like these guys wrote the **** exam, the binders and classes are that good!
I don't even touch CERM manual, what a waste of $200

JunZ, you're not alone. I've wasted quite a bit of money trying to find the best resource.

I've used the CERM in practice for 20 years. I wouldn't say it's a complete waste of money. It is still something every engineer should have in their office. But if you take EET, you "probably" don't need it. I certainly wouldn't go to the exam without one, but you "probably" don't need it.

I just received my eet binders. WOW. There's a lot there. It looks good. I like that they print the material and put it in a binder for me. It's one less thing I have to worry about.

Here is my experience with EET in Sacramento, CA.

I first heard about EET from a coworker who had a really good experience with the course. I decided to take the in class seminar for both the breadth and depth (water). The breadth was split between three instructors and I felt it was more than adequate to pass the exam. That is all I'll say about the breadth.

The depth in water is taught by Nazrul and I can assure you that it is a very well put together class and probably gives you the best preparation of anything you are likely to find. I was a structural guy in school and avoided water classes like the plague. (As a side note: I wanted to take the structural depth but couldn't find a good review course so decided it would be better to take the water with a review course even though I was less comfortable with it). Nazrul is an excellent teacher and his book he put together to teach the class is top notch. He walks you through everything you need to know to pass the exam. I'd say 80-90% of the problems on the depth exam I could answer straight out of the binder.

In short - If you are on the fence about the EET review course I highly recommend you take it. I ONLY studied the practice problems from EET and I felt very confident I passed walking out of the exam. I believe I used the EET binder for all but 3 questions on the depth (and after the exam found at least one of the three in the binder.)

I am going to register the review course for Oct. 2015 exam. Is anyone who wants to group up so that we can get 5% discount? msg me

I am interested in the EET course. I have been out of school for a few years. I do not work in Water Resources in my current position. I have no background with the topic.

I was wondering if the EET Course goes over the basic topics for the Water Resources depth? Do they provide the references and codes? Does the course go over the references and codes and how to use them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, eet's wre review will go over all wre depth topics.

They provide a very good wre depth reference as well.

I am interested in the EET course. I have been out of school for a few years. I do not work in Water Resources in my current position. I have no background with the topic.I was wondering if the EET Course goes over the basic topics for the Water Resources depth? Do they provide the references and codes? Does the course go over the references and codes and how to use them?
I have taken the wre depth from EET recently. I think they provide comprehensive reference material that is required for the exam. I hardly referred to any other material during the exam. I did pass on first try, but have retained my material in my office for referencing for work. The course covered all the information including basics, using reference material and codes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have taken the wre depth from EET recently. I think they provide comprehensive reference material that is required for the exam. I hardly referred to any other material during the exam. I did pass on first try, but have retained my material in my office for referencing for work. The course covered all the information including basics, using reference material and codes.

I do not have a background in Water Resources, does the course go over the basic concepts? Also, how many references and codes are there?

4 hours ago, Haritha said: I have taken the wre depth from EET recently. I think they provide comprehensive reference material that is required for the exam. I hardly referred to any other material during the exam. I did pass on first try, but have retained my material in my office for referencing for work. The course covered all the information including basics, using reference material and codes. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I do not have a background in Water Resources, does the course go over the basic concepts? Also, how many references and codes are there?
The course covers the basic concepts. I do have a back ground in water resources. However, I was unfamiliar with some portions needed for the exam. (E.g. wastewater treatment ). I did get the required basics in this course for these unfamiliar parts.

Additional resources were provided in the course for some topics that most people were unfamiliar with. What helped me with the unfamiliar portions was that I could go over the video lessons again and review the class. Home work and tests helped me gauge progress.

I am not exactly sure as to what you mean by the number of references and codes. EET provided a tabbed binder for wre depth. It includes all the required look up tables, formulas, concepts, examples. Additional recommendations for industry standard text books were provided in the course. I borrowed some from work, and bought some. How ever due to lack of time I couldn't familiarize myself with the additional text books and hence did not use them much during exam.

How basic are you talking? It's a review class, not a college course.

EET provides it's students with a very thorough WRE depth binder. I used EET's binder for about 35/40 WRE depth questions.

There are no codes for the WRE depth exam. See NCEES' exam specs: https://cdn.ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Civ-WRE-April-2015_Combined.pdf
Thanks. I meant would they go over topics like Wastewaster Treatment and Drinking Water Dristribution that some people are not familiar with? 

What at other reference materials did you use besides the binder?

Thanks. I meant would they go over topics like Wastewaster Treatment and Drinking Water Dristribution that some people are not familiar with? 

What at other reference materials did you use besides the binder?
Yes, EET covers wastewater and drinking water distribution. They cover it quite well actually.

I used EET's depth binder for about 35/40 questions. I used an old NCEES practice exam for 1 problem. I had to make educated guesses on the remaining 4 questions because none of my references were helpful for them. 

In my opinion, EET's WRE depth is very good. It's a lot of work. They give LOTS of practice problems to do. If you do them all, and if you're an active participant in the classes, you're chances of passing are great.

Good luck.

Hello Engineering Community!,

NCEES registration for Oct. 2016 Exam has opened and many of you may still be deciding on the best way to spend your time and money to study for the exam. I wanted to add to this thread by expression my gratitude and recommendation for EET - specifically Nazrul and his WRE course. 

This past April, I took part in EET Webinar. I felt extremely confident in the Exam - both AM and PM - but unfortunately was dismissed for having a FitBit. I had answered about 73/80 questions and roughly 80% of the PM session answer can be directly extrapolated from the EET Binder. You cannot underestimate how important it is to have one reference source for that many questions. A lot of time can be wasted by looking thru manuals, and the EET Binder will save you time. 

The other two resources that I would highly recommend is:

- Handbook of Environmental Engineering Calculations (LEE / LIN)

-  Wastewater Engineering (METCALF / EDDY)

Once you sign up for EET, you will receive a binder with separate tabs on key topics in WRE (Hydrology, Pressure Conduits...etc). Each topic will also have practice problems. Every Saturday for about 2 months, Nazrul will walk you thru each of these topics. These online sessions are extremely helpful and open. Every Tuesday, there is a problem solving session where Nazrul will do sample problems with you and point out key areas to understand on the Exam. There are also (3) Practice Exams and (1) Simulated Exams. Overall, you're attempting 500+ practice problems. I really cannot stress enough how important it is to do as many practice problems as possible.

But.. I truly believe what differentiates EET from the other prep course is Nazrul. He doesn't just teach the Saturday classes and disappears for a week. You will always be able to reach him. If you are having lots of trouble, he may start a session just for that topic. Last cycle, many had issues with Hydrographs and he created a session just to discuss Hydrographs. He cares about his students and will work with you (even one-on-one) until you understand. 

Unfortunately, I'll have to take the exam again in October. I can say with absolute certainty that Nazrul will help you pass the exam and I look forward to joining many more of you in the October Prep cycle. 

I'm taking the WRE PE in April and have pretty much decided on EET for my review class. Only issue, the breadth live online webinar is full. I can still enroll in the WRE depth live online class. Has anyone had any luck with the On-demand breadth class? I passed FE with SoPE on demand and am fairly disciplined in dedicating the time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

These are great info.  Does anyone have info for On-Demand classes?  I'm overseas and seminar is impossible to get to and webinars are at a odd time of the day. 

I'll start off with what everyone wants to know. The prep course I took prepared me so well for the  PE exam that I passed first time.

Here is the longer story. I signed up for the EET depth course for water recourses and environmental and the EET breadth course for civil to help prepare me for the civil pe exam. My undergrad and masters degree were both in environmental engineering so I needed some additional help on some other civil courses I never took. In addition, I was worried about the exam because I have three boys under the age of 3 (the oldest just turned 3) and I didn’t know how I would have time to study. 

What I can say is this course was better than anything I could have asked for. Nazrul is an exceptional teacher and truly cares about his students. If you commit to the course and follow its schedule and do all the problems, you will be successful on the exam. I went with the on demand course as it worked better with my young family (early mornings and late nights to not interrupt family time). It was great. 

I am so thankful for the course and the time i spent with EET preparing for my professional licensure. 

If you are on the fence, sign up. You will not regret it. It was the single best decision I made in get my PE.  Also, last fact. The Oct 2018 exam had a really low pass rate in comparison to other exams.  The EET depth course had almost a 20% higher pass rate than the NCEES average.  That alone should convince you!

I'll start off with what everyone wants to know. The prep course I took prepared me so well for the  PE exam that I passed first time.

Here is the longer story. I signed up for the EET depth course for water recourses and environmental and the EET breadth course for civil to help prepare me for the civil pe exam. My undergrad and masters degree were both in environmental engineering so I needed some additional help on some other civil courses I never took. In addition, I was worried about the exam because I have three boys under the age of 3 (the oldest just turned 3) and I didn’t know how I would have time to study. 

What I can say is this course was better than anything I could have asked for. Nazrul is an exceptional teacher and truly cares about his students. If you commit to the course and follow its schedule and do all the problems, you will be successful on the exam. I went with the on demand course as it worked better with my young family (early mornings and late nights to not interrupt family time). It was great. 

I am so thankful for the course and the time i spent with EET preparing for my professional licensure. 

If you are on the fence, sign up. You will not regret it. It was the single best decision I made in get my PE.  Also, last fact. The Oct 2018 exam had a really low pass rate in comparison to other exams.  The EET depth course had almost a 20% higher pass rate than the NCEES average.  That alone should convince you!
Thanks for the info S-o-m!  Good info!  Yup, EET is awesome!  :)  

Back