EET - PE Civil WRE Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All-

I took the EET course, live seminar with Nazrul Islam. I worked hard, did everything he asked... and I passed the 8-hour on my first attempt!! Nazrul is the real deal.. Trust me. If you do the work, put in the time to complete the problems he has laid out, you WILL pass. It costs about $1,000, but is worth every penny. I remember thinking as I left the test, "man that was really hard, did I prepare enough?" Yes I did. I felt, and others agreed this last season April 15 was a very hard water resources/enviro test. If I felt it was hard, and poured so much time in, I just imagine how many others felt who were less prepared.

His class is worth it, and he wants you to pass. He will go to every effort in his power to help you.. He is a great guy (we work for the same company), and has his students success foremost with his teachings. Follow his recommendations, buy the books he tells you, and you are golden. Just remember, you get out what you put in.

-egoodie

I couldn't have passed the Civil Water Resources exam without EET. The exam can be quite challenging, particularly the depth session. I took an alternative course prior to EET, and was left feeling somewhat secure for the breadth session, but totally vulnerable with regards to the depth session. First and foremost, the material presented by EET in the binder will replace most of your library. From the fundamentals, through some very complex material -- it's actually all there! Secondly, there are SO MANY example problems, and they are tremendous. There are problems at the end of each chapter, during the weekday evening workout sessions, and in the sample exams. I purchased EVERY sample exam I could get my hands on, and this was hands down the best set of questions available. Finally, and most importantly, the instructor (Nazrul) actually cares! He tweaks his notes and example problems, stays online after the courses to talk, and will talk to you on the phone to work-out complicated topics on a personal level -- there is absolutely no other course like this! I was able to finish the depth session well within 3-hours, but stayed an extra 45 minutes looking over problems. I would highly recommend this course to anyone taking the Water Resources concentration. The exam IS challenging. This course will help your chances of passing significantly.

How are the notes organized in the course? Do the notes follow the sames order as the ncees outline? Are the notes organized/formated the same for each topic and instructor?

How are equations and solutions presented within the notes? Are the equations/solutions in paragraph form (as if typed out in office), or are they presented vertically as you would work them on paper?

The review class I took, each topic/instruction's notes were formated differently and most of the solutions were typed in office and can be difficult to follow.

EET is my back up plan if October doesn't work out for me.

All instructors notes are different, but easy to follow.

I'm not kidding. 90% of that exam came straight out of their notes. A few problems were identical or almost identical.

See Rule #1 in my transportation review. Just sign up for the course. Trust me. You only want to do this once, and these guys will put you in that position.

EET sends a binder, with tabbed sections. Each section is broken-down to match that of the exam specifications (hydrology, closed conduit, open channel flow, groundwater, water treatment, wastewater, and water quality). Within each section, the first few pages are a summary of useful formulas and conversion factors that are specific to that section. After that, there are notes with table, images, diagrams, formulas, etc. They are easy to follow, particularly since each and every page is covered slowly in the review courses. Finally, at the end of major concepts there are questions, then again at the end of the chapter there will be 15-30 or so exam-like questions! On top of that, there are 4 practice exams, with the last one being timed -- they are seriously rigorous and reflective of what a PM session will feel like. I hope this helps!

I would also like to specifically add that my company paid for School of PE, and upon completion it was clearly evident that I was not capable of passing the depth section of the PE -- they have no clue! Luckily I found out about EET within the boards, and after talking to EET's instructors directly on the PHONE, I decided to pay out of pocket. What a world of difference. I cannot emphasize it enough.

John, Josh,

Both of your responses were helpful. Thanks.

I have an additional question (or two): Does EET make reference to the CERM or any other study guide? Or are the EET notes independent from other resources?

I would also like to specifically add that my company paid for School of PE, and upon completion it was clearly evident that I was not capable of passing the depth section of the PE -- they have no clue! Luckily I found out about EET within the boards, and after talking to EET's instructors directly on the PHONE, I decided to pay out of pocket. What a world of difference. I cannot emphasize it enough.
Yeah, I've got a decision to make.

I took SoPE prior to the April 2015 exam. I, however, didn't take the April exam. I'm planning on taking it in October 2015. I have already invested tons of cash (no reimbursement from my employer) into this. I'm concerned about mixing too many different study methods and reference material to the mix.

EET doesn't rely on the CERM, and only at times may mention it. They provide all of the necessary charts, tables, etc. from the CERM's appendices, and add them to the end of their relevant sections for ease of locating/time reduction during the exam. I still LIGHTLY tabbed my CERM, and only used it twice during the entire exam -- both times it had what I needed. I can understand the $$$ part of your consideration, and I hope you make it through this October! I can only speak for myself when I say that I could not have passed this exam with the CERM, my MANY references, and SoPE -- I'm grateful for Nazrul, and EET.

Oh and another thing, EET re-shapes tough questions from many study guides, so you end up with really the best of the best in questions. I still did purchase and work through everything else available on the market, however.

John, Josh,

Both of your responses were helpful. Thanks.

I have an additional question (or two): Does EET make reference to the CERM or any other study guide? Or are the EET notes independent from other resources?
Dude I'm not kidding .... I used the CERM for exactly 1 problem on the exam. I used the All in One for 1 problem on the exam. The rest of my problems (those that I didn't need Green Book, HCM, or MUTCD for), came directly from the EET binders.

I was 75% done the exam, and couldn't help but laugh a little bit...it almost seems like these guys wrote the **** exam, the binders and classes are that good!

Thanks again guys!!

Edit: I wonder what my wife will think about another grand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased the WR depth course, then was able to purchase the breadth binder for only a fraction of the cost. I combined these notes with SoPE's breadth notes, for an amazing set!

Thanks again guys!!

They take PayPal. Open a PayPal credit account, with no interest for 6 months if that helps you. Can you expense it? That's what I did, which obviously was huge.

Thanks again guys!!

They take PayPal. Open a PayPal credit account, with no interest for 6 months if that helps you. Can you expense it? That's what I did, which obviously was huge.
Hahaha. No, I can't.

But it's tax deductible and helps the points build on my credit card.

I'm not sure what I want to do. I feel like the October exam is right around the corner and even though I've been studying for a while, I still feel unorganized. I don't feel like I'm making much progress. As of right now, I'm actually expecting to fail in October which is NOT the right way to stay motivated.

I'm going to consult with a couple fellow PE's here. My wife will be supportive.

Thanks again guys!!

Hahaha. No, I can't.

But it's tax deductible and helps the points build on my credit card.

I'm not sure what I want to do. I feel like the October exam is right around the corner and even though I've been studying for a while, I still feel unorganized. I don't feel like I'm making much progress. As of right now, I'm actually expecting to fail in October which is NOT the right way to stay motivated.

I'm going to consult with a couple fellow PE's here. My wife will be supportive.
Come on Matt, the first step is self-confidence. You can (and will) do this! Head up, chest out, shoulders back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Then take the EET course. I haven't heard of anyone failing, and I've been in contact with a lot of my fellow classmates.

Then take the EET course. I haven't heard of anyone failing, and I've been in contact with a lot of my fellow classmates.
My wife is on board. I'm going to contact eet and chat with them a bit.

This might be what I need to get me out of my studying funk.

Talked with Dr. Islam tonight. I like what he had to say.

Back