Economics on the Electrical PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ee_4_pe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they realy do ask economics questions on the exam? I just realized I had skipped the topic :oops: (and I want to know how hard I should try to review it over the next week)?

Thanks

I took the test in April '07. There was one pure engineering economics question in the morning session. The NCEES sample test is a good representation for the level of difficulty.

Jim

Does anyone know if they realy do ask economics questions on the exam? I just realized I had skipped the topic :oops: (and I want to know how hard I should try to review it over the next week)?
Thanks
Yes, in EE you will get a couple simple economics questions.

Thank you both for the replies. Do you know if the EERM is a good reference for those?

The EERM has everything you should need. Know how to apply the time value of money equations and you should be fine. You'll only see one or two questions on this but they should be easy points. I did about half of the practice problems for that chapter of the EERM and I think I spent too much time on it.

Jim

That PENotes summary looks pretty good. I don't know how much critical path stuff they are going to ask EEs, but it can't hurt to know the basics. The EERM is a good reference but probably a little more than you need. Know how to use those tables in the back of the EERM (PV factor tables) for the simpler cash flow problems.

Check out the types of problems on the NCEES exam. They are representative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you SOOOOO much. You guys are the BEST!!! Extremely helpful and relevant advice. I must recommend this to my engineering friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back