EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mafia has conceded.

"I knew you were one of them!" @NikR_PE said angrily as the group cornered @FlangeheadPEAZ who was @txjennah PE's partner last. "You deliberately pushed the ladder allowing them to fall", @DLD chimed in. "You don't have any proof! How do you know it was me?" @FlangeheadPEAZ retorted. "Well if it wasn't you, why don't you show us what is in your backpack then? If you are clean, then you won't have a note or money on you.", @djl PE demanded. @FlangeheadPEAZ complied and opened their bag containing a notepad, pens, some snacks, and a heavy duty glass water bottle. "Are you happy now?" @FlangeheadPEAZ said. "As I said, I was holding the ladder steady when they went up when the support arm suddenly broke."

"Hmm let me see that water bottle", @NikR_PE reached in and grabbed the water bottle. The liquid inside was clear and odorless, but there was some foaming on top. @NikR_PE took the bottle and poured some of the contents on a nail sitting nearby. The nail immediately began to fizzle and slowly disintegrate. "You are smart, but not smart enough. You must have stashed the money somewhere and got rid of the note before anyone noticed.
"I didn't mean to kill them! I only wanted to cause an accident." "Save it for the judge," @NikR_PE who pulled out their OSHA Inspector badge and took @FlangeheadPEAZ into custody to the police who were called to the scene.

@FlangeheadPEAZ was lynched by the town, they were the last mafia. The town wins!
james-norton-good-day-to-die.gif

giphy.gif

OK I know this is not related to Mafia but I am trying to get into registering and starting PMP prep but I am clueless on everything related to PMP... I found a forum here but they were mostly discussing books and resources. I am trying to figure out what all I need to register? and where lol before I head for rest of the overwhelming info.... thanks

OK I know this is not related to Mafia but I am trying to get into registering and starting PMP prep but I am clueless on everything related to PMP... I found a forum here but they were mostly discussing books and resources. I am trying to figure out what all I need to register? and where lol before I head for rest of the overwhelming info.... thanks
@ChebyshevII PE PMP

I just went through this too! So...

To apply for the exam, you need to register an account with PMI (my work pays for the membership, so that's worth checking into).
You have to have 35-hours of specific PMP training (there is no timeframe for this training - mine was 10+ years ago) and 3-years of project management experience plus a 4-year degree. You can sub 5-years experience + HS diploma if you don't have a degree.

They have a lot of info here.
https://www.pmi.org/certifications/project-management-pmp/earn-the-pmp/how-to-apply

Similar to the PE exam, you submit the application. It took about a week to approve. Once you are approved for the exam, you have 1-year to actually take the exam without having to go back through the approval process.

If you don't have the 35-hours of PMP training (or even if you do), I highly recommend the books that were discussed in the PMP exam prep thread. Particularly this one:
PMP Exam Prep Simplified: Covers the Current PMP Exam and Includes a 35 Hours of Project Management E-Learning Course: Ramdayal, Andrew: 9798590288045: Books (amazon.com)

not only does it provide videos that would give you the required 35 hours, it contains everything you need to know to pass the exam, including a lot of information on agile project management, which was not really a big thing when I went through training years ago.

I honestly only watched the videos, and didn't read the book at all.

Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions. :)

I agree with everything that @BlueBlueprintPE PMP already said.

I would add: you can find Andrew Ramdayal (TIA Education Group)'s 35 PDU training on Udemy, which is where I got mine. I also got a copy of Rita Mulcahy's PMP prep book here: PMP® Exam Prep, Tenth Edition - Upgraded (it's a very dry read, but it helped reinforce concepts for me). You will want to double check and make sure that version is, in fact, the current one; I think there was talk about revising the exam specs in the near future.

I agree with everything that @BlueBlueprintPE PMP already said.

I would add: you can find Andrew Ramdayal (TIA Education Group)'s 35 PDU training on Udemy, which is where I got mine. I also got a copy of Rita Mulcahy's PMP prep book here: PMP® Exam Prep, Tenth Edition - Upgraded (it's a very dry read, but it helped reinforce concepts for me). You will want to double check and make sure that version is, in fact, the current one; I think there was talk about revising the exam specs in the near future.
Thanks Cheb... are the exam specs on the PMI site?

Back