EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I came home yesterday after working late and got distracted by swarms of lanternfly nymphs all over my garden. I was out for over an hour spraying everything with neem oil.

Not much has happened yet.

Let's just put this in 2nd gear. @RBHeadge PE I vote for @djl PE. Subject to change.

I have no idea who to vote for!
Sorry I came home yesterday after working late and got distracted by swarms of lanternfly nymphs all over my garden. I was out for over an hour spraying everything with neem oil.

Let's just put this in 2nd gear. @RBHeadge PE I vote for @djl PE. Subject to change.
Good luck with that! I've got a mosquito breeding ground behind my house (aka retention pond). This year the little bastards and no-see-ums are horrible, and we haven't even seen temps over 75 degrees consistently yet.....

Good luck with that! I've got a mosquito breeding ground behind my house (aka retention pond). This year the little bastards and no-see-ums are horrible, and we haven't even seen temps over 75 degrees consistently yet.....
Have you tried larvacide tablets in the retention pond? It could at least minimize the local population.

Midges are awful. Just typing this brings back bad memories from all of my business trips to Florida. Eventually I would just avoid going to certain areas in the early evening hours when they were active.

Have you tried larvacide tablets in the retention pond? It could at least minimize the local population.
It's a county-owned/maintained retention pond. Though I could probably toss some over the fence and into the pond..... :LOL: :LOL: All the neighbors would probably appreciate me for that!

It's a county-owned/maintained retention pond. Though I could probably toss some over the fence and into the pond..... :LOL: :LOL: All the neighbors would probably appreciate me for that!
One could call the county and ask them to do it. Realistically, it's something that the Vector/Pest/Mosquito/Sanitation/or Health Departments should be doing as a matter of their regular business. But.... most don't.

I remember throwing pucks of larvacide down every sewer along certain routes back during my Philly health inspector days.

Of course, I would never recommend someone throw controlled poisons in public waterways without the proper clearances. That would be illegal. But, like you said, everyone would be happier if it it just mysteriously happened overnight.

You don't think this is a good idea anymore

Back