EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's correct, usually May to mid November, with greatly reduced hours the first and last month (reduced on DOT projects- increased on commercial and municipal projects). We also have a very silly government that will shut down a project because it's too cold, if it doesn't warm up in 2 weeks then they want you to write a letter explaining how you're going to address the situation (spray lots and lots of aerosol) and continue work. So for the two weeks when it was 35-38 degrees we can't work, but we need to finish the road, so after 2 weeks we get to resume work when it's 25-28 degrees. I take off for hunting season in early November so I can't be blamed for the terrible work that's done when we shouldn't be working.
What region do you work in? Temps sporadically affected us November-February when I was working on DOT jobs. It was also very dependent on whether there was a strict deadline to be met whether they actually wanted to uphold their specs on temperature. :rolleyes: Made my job as an inspector very frustrating.

Cassandra?

51355216253_621b26e9c7_b.jpg

Back