EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time in weeks I've got a couple free hours this morning to really look into things. PM looks super busy though.

Sorry for being a part of the accidental death, it was not personal and just a random choice! I'm sure we will have many more rounds with exciting mafia twists.

I don't have a lot to go off of the votes from yesterday, I believe @NikR_PE and @DuranDuran were just trying to stay in the game with their vote changes. It's still early to make any educated guesses on alignment.

View attachment 21786
Thanks for posting this saves me some time.

I concur, there wasn't too much to learn from the votes last night.
@BlueBlueprint_PE cast the first critical vote for @harshaPEAZ, but that could be blamed on the fog of war.
@jean15paul_PE cast a vote to create the first tie. Which at this point doesn't say anything about his alignment, but it's still worth mentioning.
@DuranDuran and @harshaPEAZ each cast one self-saving vote and @NikR_PE cast two self-saving votes. You can't read anything into that on the first day.

Sus posts:
@MadamPirate PE helping @JayKay PE invite others to the mafia thread. Probably innocent, similar to what @Dothracki PE did a few posts later so idk.
@jean15paul_PE again showing his admiration of the mafia role. Totally in character though.

Can't use WPA at this stage. And other analytics aren't really helpful either. So my guaranteed-to-be-wrong gut reaction is:

town++++
town+++
town++ @jean15paul_PE
town+ @NikR_PE
mafia* @MadamPirate PE @BlueBlueprint_PE
mafia+
mafia++
mafia+++
mafia++++
no opinion: everyone else

*less than mafia+, prolly worth investigating in the absence of anything else to go on

I still need to know who got nightkilled, or hopefully rescued to analyze more more.

This theme is from my mom. As @squaretaper LIT AF PE can attest, it was very difficult to get this from her, so I just took some of her rambling and made it into a story.

---

"I can't believe we were able to get tickets to this event!," gushed @vhab49_PE, spinning around so their attendee badge flapped wildly in the air, "I was so worried that it would be sold out!"

"We were lucky that I knew someone." @RBHeadge PE examined a fin before tucking it back into their trench coat. "The lottery system was bogged down so heavily the servers exploded."

The group paused in excitement in the huge hall, ready to begin the convention but unsure if they were really ready to take the first step, so they took in the sights. There, proudly, was someone posing as Mr. Peanut. Another convention goer was bedecked in numerous Smucker's enamel pins, including the rare 'golden cashew' pin that came out in the early 1900s. Gently moving in the air conditioned air, the huge banner above their heads exclaimed 'Welcome nutters to the annual nut convention! 75th Anniversary!'

Making sure they had their badges and programs, with specific panels of interest circled and stared and a block of time set aside for the exhibit hall so they could buy all the merchandise, the group finally made their way onwards the entrance...only @harshaPEAZ turned red, gasping on the ground, clawing at their face in desperation. Their macadamia nut allergy had flared to life, literally, and they had forgotten an Epi-pen.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle where half the group wanted to leave the body prone, because CONVENTION, and the other half wanted to at least drag the body out of the way of the stampede of 'nut-heads' (the official term for nut aficionados who came and supported the convention). In the end, @harshaPEAZ was propped up against a giant jar of tahini-based nut spread, which was one of the major sponsors this year.

During the shuffling of the body, @NikR_PE had snuck over to taste one of the new samples: an ultra crunchy peanut butter. Unfortunately, the booth seemed to suddenly be out of milk after they took a taste and @NikR_PE died by peanut butter mouth and being unable to swallow, stuck in a cycle of licking at the roof of their mouth. A sad, but delicious, end.

Final vote:
x1 @NikR_PE (JP)
x3 @harshaPEAZ (2blue, doth, duran)
x1 @MadamPirate PE (becca)
X1 @EyehatethePEexam PE (square)
x1 @jean15paul_PE (MP)
x3 @DuranDuran (vhab, harsha, nikr)

RPS between @DuranDuran and @harshaPEAZ, only @DuranDuran sent roles = auto win.

@NikR_PE was killed by the peanut mafia last night.

Remaining players: @vhab49_PE, @EyehatethePEexam PE, @MadamPirate PE, @Dothracki PE, @beccabun PE, @DuranDuran, @jean15paul_PE, @squaretaper LIT AF PE, @RBHeadge PE, @txjennah PE, and @BlueBlueprint_PE.

I feel like I'm going to forget to vote if I don't do it now, because everyone on my projects are determined to turn me into a stressball today, so I'm going to vote for @BlueBlueprint_PE . Vote subject to change with more data, and/or if I remember to log back in later.

Nice...I conveniently managed to vote for two confirmed townies yesterday.

This is nuts.

This theme is from my mom. As @squaretaper LIT AF PE can attest, it was very difficult to get this from her, so I just took some of her rambling and made it into a story.

---

"I can't believe we were able to get tickets to this event!," gushed @vhab49_PE, spinning around so their attendee badge flapped wildly in the air, "I was so worried that it would be sold out!"

"We were lucky that I knew someone." @RBHeadge PE examined a fin before tucking it back into their trench coat. "The lottery system was bogged down so heavily the servers exploded."

The group paused in excitement in the huge hall, ready to begin the convention but unsure if they were really ready to take the first step, so they took in the sights. There, proudly, was someone posing as Mr. Peanut. Another convention goer was bedecked in numerous Smucker's enamel pins, including the rare 'golden cashew' pin that came out in the early 1900s. Gently moving in the air conditioned air, the huge banner above their heads exclaimed 'Welcome nutters to the annual nut convention! 75th Anniversary!'

Making sure they had their badges and programs, with specific panels of interest circled and stared and a block of time set aside for the exhibit hall so they could buy all the merchandise, the group finally made their way onwards the entrance...only @harshaPEAZ turned red, gasping on the ground, clawing at their face in desperation. Their macadamia nut allergy had flared to life, literally, and they had forgotten an Epi-pen.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle where half the group wanted to leave the body prone, because CONVENTION, and the other half wanted to at least drag the body out of the way of the stampede of 'nut-heads' (the official term for nut aficionados who came and supported the convention). In the end, @harshaPEAZ was propped up against a giant jar of tahini-based nut spread, which was one of the major sponsors this year.

During the shuffling of the body, @NikR_PE had snuck over to taste one of the new samples: an ultra crunchy peanut butter. Unfortunately, the booth seemed to suddenly be out of milk after they took a taste and @NikR_PE died by peanut butter mouth and being unable to swallow, stuck in a cycle of licking at the roof of their mouth. A sad, but delicious, end.

Final vote:
x1 @NikR_PE (JP)
x1 @jean15paul_PE (MP)

RPS between @DuranDuran and @harshaPEAZ, only @DuranDuran sent roles = auto win.

Remaining players: @vhab49_PE, @EyehatethePEexam PE, @MadamPirate PE, @Dothracki PE, @beccabun PE, @DuranDuran, @jean15paul_PE, @squaretaper LIT AF PE, @RBHeadge PE, @txjennah PE, and @BlueBlueprint_PE.
I like it.

This is nuts.
200w.gif

I feel like I'm going to forget to vote if I don't do it now, because everyone on my projects are determined to turn me into a stressball today, so I'm going to vote for @BlueBlueprint_PE . Vote subject to change with more data, and/or if I remember to log back in later.
Please @ me to make official?

---

Final vote:
x1 @NikR_PE (JP)
x1 @jean15paul_PE (MP)

Sorry for voting against you yesterday @NikR_PE hope we can avenge you.

Strategic note to the cop (especially if it's a new person who wasn't around last time we played with no PMs).

With the lack of PMs this round, you can't setup a "confirmed townie" chat and form a voting block. Also the rules prevent you from sharing info after you're dead.

Please collect info until you feel you have enough info to sway the game for the town, then share it in the main thread. Understand that this will get you killed, but your sacrifice may give us the win. (Doc, please save the cop if they reveal themselves.) Also the "right" time to do this is fluid, depending on how many townies and mafia are left.

Also, if you're about to be killed from a townie vote during the day, please dump all info you have into the main thread before the voting time cutoff so we have something to go from.

Back