EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what would suck?  If @RBHeadge PE was actually mafia and was super super evil and 'knows' who is a townie because, obviously, mafia, and is leading everyone on.
Big elaborate plots don't work in this game. Especially with this crowd. You might fool the other players for a day or so, but you will eventually get caught.

Why do I always think EBers playing this game are way evil than they actually are?
I think you're paranoid.

I feel like this game basically hinges upon getting lucky and finding a mafia within the first 2 days of voting.

Seems like when we get a mafia early (1) it thins out the mafia numbers, (2) it gives valuable voting info. But it's based on pure dumb luck.
There is certainly an element of luck to it, but I don't think it's exclusively a matter of chance. Previously when we played in larger games, I would prioritize building a known townie coalition over sniping mafia members. 

Oh, if I was mafia, today I absolutely would have come out with a lie about being JoaT. Town is closing in on you. Nothing to lose. Also with no PMs, it's MUCH easier to tell a lie that fits in with all the known facts.
If I remember I'll comment after the game's done. I'm currently dead will not comment. 👻
Big elaborate plots don't work in this game. Especially with this crowd. You might fool the other players for a day or so, but you will eventually get caught.
Basically this. The bigger the lie, the more loose ends that will give it away.

There were many townies left, and only 1 mafia, so you need something that will carry you through several more days in order to win. In this particular game, claiming JOAT would basically mean waving an "I'm Mafia" flag, since RB had come out as JOAT and shared info. JayKay hadn't come out yet, but had magically called out "____ is mafia", resulting in a mafia death early on in game. But let's say there the other JOAT was dead and you could step in/pretend. 

In order to win as fake JOAT you need to lead the town to lynch townies. There's basically not too many ways you could do this and not be VERY suspicious. Especially with the other JOAT alive, it's a process of elimination with only a few people to clear at that point. 

So I said "...bold(?)" because it's an easily falsifiable claim, either now, or in a few days. Low chance of winning the whole she-bang. Maybe a good "Blaze of Glory" play though :)  

Back