EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this round could have been any more balanced than that!

It sounds like it was anyone's game down to the last minute.
The event was a 1/3 chance for any group down to the end, but that's not the same thing as it being balanced. The ratio of anti-town players to town players was skewed about a standard deviation away from parity.

I f***ed up on day 2 when I tried to submit a last second vote to save fellow mafia NikR, but it was too late anyway. I exposed myself and didn't even get the save. But no one seemed to notice for a day or so. 

When people started voting for me on day... whatever day that was... I lied to TJ and Bly that I was the doc. I think I might have actually convinced both of them, but it got back to RB who knew who the real doc was and he turned the voting block against me (I'm assuming). Hence all the last minute votes that came in against me. Fellow mafia Roar astutely voted against me, and gained RB's trust.

That one was fun.
FWIW, there some scattered groups of townies on the second day. We sort of had tiered rankings, and 3 of 5 players in the not-safe list where mafia/SK. There was a d10, but only because there is no d5.

You weren't convincing TJ of anything. We were working out how to turn it to our advantage. The most fortitous part of that scheme was getting bly to vote to protect you. It set up a chain of events that caused us to vote against bly. We never thought roar was mafia, but we did think he was the SK.

Yeah, but it was my mess up that allowed @Roarbark to vote to kill me and gain people's trust.
That ONLY worked because bly switched his vote just before roar changed his vote. Had bly not switched, we would have never suspected Bly of being mafia and roar's vote wouldn't have convinced us that he was not-mafia. Plus we thought he was SK.

True. All results are null and void.
Last night I sent a command to night kill "TJ", and Mafia goons whacked txj instead. If that had been played as it should, only TJ should have died last night, leaving 5 today, with txj still in it. 

Last night I sent a command to night kill "TJ", and Mafia goons whacked txj instead. If that had been played as it should, only TJ should have died last night, leaving 5 today, with txj still in it.
really?! ugh, that was a game saver for you. Totally changed the calculus from a bunch of coin tosses, to something I could actually win with.

Oooo this is intriguing!

And I was totally expecting to be the night kill, because I had convinced myself that @JayKay PE was mafia and that she would ax me after I threw shade at her voting record.

Your reaction right after the game started. You gave a distinct impression that you got a big role to play, potentially a new role. Once the tracker was confirmed dead (sorry @MadamPirate PE) I pegged you for SK.
Bahaha, fair enough. My "...I am not ready..."? 
I was just startled that it started X minutes after I said "I'm in", I assumed we'd start the next morning or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back