EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to be dead, but enjoying the analysis, especially since I know stuff. 😄

I know several people here hate being mafia, but I think it's my favorite role. Having information and having a team to strategize with is so much fun.

Imagine being a serial killer.
Meh, that doesn't really appeal to me. Serial killer doesn't have any additional knowledge, and doesn't have a team. 

So in the mafia win scenario, the mafia has to outnumber the townies. The rationale there is, at that point the mafia could reveal themselves and control the voting because they have the majority. So 3 mafia and 2 townies means the mafia wins.

When you add a serial killer to the mix how does the math change? I would guess that the SK counts as a townie when determining if the mafia wins? 3 mafia, 2 townies, and 1 SK would not (yet) be a win for the mafia? It would have to be 3 mafia, 1 townie, and 1 SK, so the mafia could then control voting?

So in the mafia win scenario, the mafia has to outnumber the townies. The rationale there is, at that point the mafia could reveal themselves and control the voting because they have the majority. So 3 mafia and 2 townies means the mafia wins.

When you add a serial killer to the mix how does the math change? I would guess that the SK counts as a townie when determining if the mafia wins? 3 mafia, 2 townies, and 1 SK would not (yet) be a win for the mafia? It would have to be 3 mafia, 1 townie, and 1 SK, so the mafia could then control voting?
I think I’ve seen it played where the mafia doesn’t win until the serial killer is dead. The same would be true for the townies.

So effectively there would be 3 sides.

I think I’ve seen it played where the mafia doesn’t win until the serial killer is dead. The same would be true for the townies.

o yea this sounds familiar. i think that's the way we're playing rn

For this round the SK is considered townie. So as jean said "It would have to be 3 mafia, 1 townie, and 1 SK, so the mafia could then control voting."

3 mafia, 2 townies, and 1 SK would not (yet) be a win for the mafia - Correct.

Edit:

2 Mafia and 1 SK remaining - Mafia Wins

2 Mafia, 1 SK, and 1 Townie remaining - Game is Still Going

1 SK and 2+ Townies remaining - Game is Still Going

1 SK and 1 Townie remaining - Shoot Out

1 Mafia and 1 SK remaining - Shoot Out

Only Townies remaining - Townies Win

1 SK remaining and 1 Townie remaining - Shoot Out

Remaining essentially means in the morning after the night actions have resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
For this round the SK is considered townie. So as jean said "It would have to be 3 mafia, 1 townie, and 1 SK, so the mafia could then control voting."

3 mafia, 2 townies, and 1 SK would not (yet) be a win for the mafia - Correct.

Edit:

2 Mafia and 1 SK remaining - Mafia Wins

2 Mafia, 1 SK, and 1 Townie remaining - Game is Still Going

1 SK and 1 (or more) Townie remaining - Game is Still Going

1 Mafia and 1 SK remaining - Shoot Out

Only Townies remaining - Townies Win

1 SK remaining and 1 Townie remaining - Shoot Out

Remaining essentially means in the morning after the night actions have resolved.
2 Mafia and 1 SK remaining - Mafia Wins - Makes sense

2 Mafia, 1 SK, and 1 Townie remaining - Game is Still Going - Makes sense

1 SK and 1 (or more) Townie remaining - Game is Still Going - Wouldn't the town have won?  Townie kills SK during the day, SK can't strike until night.

1 Mafia and 1 SK remaining - Shoot Out - Rock paper scissors tie-breaker? (please not the little green dice lol) Maybe 1 D&D round 🙂

Only Townies remaining - Townies Win - Yes

1 SK remaining and 1 Townie remaining - Shoot Out - Same as #3 above?

Last edited by a moderator:
1 SK and 1 (or more) Townie remaining - Game is Still Going - Wouldn't the town have won?  Townie kills SK during the day, SK can't strike until night.
If it's 1 SK and 1 Townie, it's a shoot out, if it's 1 SK and 2+ Townies, the game would still go on like normal since the townies may not know who is the sk.

There is a plethora of outcomes and it will be fun to see which one unfolds!

Back