EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to tweak the internal quote above for clarity and reproducability but you can go back a page to confirm that the core information remains unchanged.

The next quotes show what happened over the course of a couple minutes right before the conclusion of the vote. I will update the relevant vote tallies between quotes.
I was on mobile when all that happened. I was like holy crap someone must have found out something! Anyone want to share with me why everyone just dog piled on @jean15paul_PE. I didn't seem to get the memo and I don't know what to make of all the vote switcharooing.

My take away from the night kills:

- There's still 1 mafia left since we had a night kill.

- The SK is still in play. I thought maybe they might have been night killed after not seeing a 2nd night kill on days 1 & 2.

- RB is confirmed as not a Mafia member but could still potentially be the SK.

I had to tweak the internal quote above for clarity and reproducability but you can go back a page to confirm that the core information remains unchanged.

The next quotes show what happened over the course of a couple minutes right before the conclusion of the vote. I will update the relevant vote tallies between quotes.

@RBHeadge PE 1 (jean)

@jean15paul_PE 2 (lycee, rb)

@SaltySteve 1 (tj)

@LyceeFruit PE 3 (txj, roar, bly)

@RBHeadge PE 1 (jean)

@jean15paul_PE 3 (lycee, rb, tj)

@LyceeFruit PE 3 (txj, roar, bly)

@jean15paul_PE 3 (lycee, rb, tj)

@LyceeFruit PE 4 (txj, roar, bly, jean)

and

@jean15paul_PE 5 (lycee, rb, tj, roar, txj)

@LyceeFruit PE 2 (bly, jean)
For a second, I thought I had missed a vote and I was like, "I gosh I just ruined the game." But then I realized it was an analysis.

I have an idea. Today, let's all vote early and then at 8:59PM we'll all change our votes, at least twice, just to keep things spicy.

I was on mobile when all that happened. I was like holy crap someone must have found out something! Anyone want to share with me why everyone just dog piled on @jean15paul_PE. I didn't seem to get the memo and I don't know what to make of all the vote switcharooing.

- The SK is still in play. I thought maybe they might have been night killed after not seeing a 2nd night kill on days 1 & 2.

Correct me if I'm wrong (mostly likely I am with one of the following):

1. @jean15paul_PE was killed by the townies and confirmed mafia (this we know as confirmed by the mod)

2. @LyceeFruit PE was night killed by the serial killer, but we don't have a confirmed status of LyceeFruit.  She could have been mafia (highly unlikely IMO), but the nightkill victim's role is never revealed.

3.  @RBHeadge PE was saved by the doctor.  Obviously the serial killer doesn't get 2 kills in one night, so that means the mafia attempted to kill RBHedge.  We still have not confirmed RB's status.  It's obvious he isn't mafia, but it's possible the doctor would have unwittingly saved RB as a serial killer without knowing it.  

1. @jean15paul_PE was killed by the townies and confirmed mafia (this we know as confirmed by the mod)

2. @LyceeFruit PE was night killed by the serial killer, but we don't have a confirmed status of LyceeFruit.  She could have been mafia (highly unlikely IMO), but the nightkill victim's role is never revealed.

3.  @RBHeadge PE was saved by the doctor.  Obviously the serial killer doesn't get 2 kills in one night, so that means the mafia attempted to kill RBHedge.  We still have not confirmed RB's status.  It's obvious he isn't mafia, but it's possible the doctor would have unwittingly saved RB as a serial killer without knowing it.  
1 - Correct

2 - Correct. The night kills happen simultaneously so technically she could have been mafia. We'll know more if mafia doesn't make a night kill tonight.

3 - That's the same as my 3rd bullet point. He's not mafia but could be the SK. The attempt on his life is confirmed as mafia by @Chattaneer PE original night kill post.

I was like holy crap someone must have found out something! Anyone want to share with me why everyone just dog piled on @jean15paul_PE. I didn't seem to get the memo and I don't know what to make of all the vote switcharooing.
Sudden vote switching, especially when the "winner" (loser?) of the vote is mafia, is indicative that someone(s) figured something out. the vote switching on both sides is indicative of pre-existing voting coalition, or a sudden scrambling for votes that may serve the same purpose.

From last night's vote, a neutral outsider could infer that there were two voting blocs.

One should be careful not to infer anything about their place in the game from being excluded from last-moment controlled information sharing or voting. There are a myriad of reasons why this may occur ranging from strategic to coincidental. tl;dr don't take it personal

I agree with this assessment. Regarding the SK:

people killed (or attempted)

vote 1: nikr: mafia

maf nightkill 1: cheb: cop

vote 2: madampirate: tracker

mafia nightkill 2: me2: not SK

vote 3: jean: mafia

SK nightkill 1?: lycee: not SK

mafia nightkill attempt 3: RBH (not mafia, not doc)

I was like holy crap someone must have found out something!
I have an idea. Today, let's all vote early and then at 8:59PM we'll all change our votes, at least twice, just to keep things spicy.
Yeah,  the last second shenanigans annoy me as a mod too. Especially when I prewrote narratives. I have frequently asked players to tell me via PM if something like that was planned so I could prepare for it. fwiw, last night's events were fast breaking and kinda unpredictable in how votes would switch, so no advanced notice was possible.

1) correct

2) partially correct. a mafia killed during the night is supposed to have their role revealed. This is the only exception to the nightkilled players don't have their role revealed (under the rules we are playing by). So lycee is not mafia.

3) correct, note that is was explicitly announced that the mafia tried to kill me.

Yeah,  the last second shenanigans annoy me as a mod too. Especially when I prewrote narratives. I have frequently asked players to tell me via PM if something like that was planned so I could prepare for it. fwiw, last night's events were fast breaking and kinda unpredictable in how votes would switch, so no advanced notice was possible.
It's all good!

Though, that late at night I'll probably be updating stuff on my phone so it will take me a little while to go through and make sure I don't miss a vote. 

1) correct

2) partially correct. a mafia killed during the night is supposed to have their role revealed. This is the only exception to the nightkilled players don't have their role revealed (under the rules we are playing by). So lycee is not mafia.

3) correct, note that is was explicitly announced that the mafia tried to kill me.
Ooooooo Things are getting interesting! I love it.

Sudden vote switching, especially when the "winner" (loser?) of the vote is mafia, is indicative that someone(s) figured something out. the vote switching on both sides is indicative of pre-existing voting coalition, or a sudden scrambling for votes that may serve the same purpose.

From last night's vote, a neutral outsider could infer that there were two voting blocs.

One should be careful not to infer anything about their place in the game from being excluded from last-moment controlled information sharing or voting. There are a myriad of reasons why this may occur ranging from strategic to coincidental. tl;dr don't take it personal

I agree with this assessment. Regarding the SK:

people killed (or attempted)

vote 1: nikr: mafia

maf nightkill 1: cheb: cop

vote 2: madampirate: tracker

mafia nightkill 2: me2: not SK

vote 3: jean: mafia

SK nightkill 1?: lycee: not SK

mafia nightkill attempt 3: RBH (not mafia, not doc)
So one three things we can agree on:

1.  The rules do not allow the serial killer to kill on the first night.

2.  I was the only one killed on Night 2 (by the mafia)

3.  The serial killer, for whatever reason, chose not to use his/her kill on Night 2.

If all the above is true, I'm curious as to why the serial killer waited until last night to start killing.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So one thing we can agree on:

1.  The rules do not allow the serial killer to kill on the first night.

2.  I was the only one killed on Night 2 (by the mafia)

3.  The serial killer, for whatever reason, chose not to use his/her kill on Night 2.

If all the above is true, I'm curious as to why the serial killer waited until last night to start killing.  
what if SK was waiting for tracker (confirmed to be MP by chatt) to be dedded before they started killing mayhaps? 

what if SK was waiting for tracker (confirmed to be MP by chatt) to be dedded before they started killing mayhaps? 
I get your question, but in my opinion it's too difficult for the tracker to detect the serial killer early in the game.  It had to be luck for the tracker to be killed this early (I'd like to hear the full story how that happened after this round ends).  

But there's too many players, too high of a mountain to climb for the serial killer to delay killing.  

Or the SK read the rules and knows that if the mafia outnumber the town (non-mafia) that the mafia wins and SK loses. Therefore is incentivized to keep more townies around until the mafia is near dead. I'm not sure that I fully agree with the strategy, but to each their own.

Alternativly, the SK just forgot, or couldn't pick a target on night two. I once moded a game where the mafia didn't send me a target one night because RL got in the way.

I do not concur on item 2 and 3. It's possible that you were the target of both the mafia and SK on night 2. IIRC it wasn't announced who attacked you.
There should be rule saying if 1 person gets targeted by both mafia and the serial killer, they get in a fight and the target escapes.

There should be rule saying if 1 person gets targeted by both mafia and the serial killer, they get in a fight and the target escapes.
giphy.gif

Back