EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😮

Hey, A.d., how's your weight loss doing?  If you remember, I was 210ish at my peak, some 4 or so years ago, and lost 30 lb down to 180 pretty quickly.  At some point over the following year or so, I started slowly approaching mid 190s again.  So.... I hit the diet/exercise hard yet again, but this time the pounds weren't coming off so easily!  Getting older sucks I guess.  I did get down to 185.  Well, since then I have drifted back to about 190 and have been plateaued there for a few years now.  I want to see 180 again but I'm accepting 190 as an allowable upper maximum for now.  I hope you've had more success than me.  
In a nutshell= rollercoaster.  And not the fun kind. Think "wooden-throw-you-around-violently-sending-you-thru-tunnels-that-make-you-feel-like-you-will-be-decapitated" kind.

In a nutshell= rollercoaster.  And not the fun kind. Think "wooden-throw-you-around-violently-sending-you-thru-tunnels-that-make-you-feel-like-you-will-be-decapitated" kind.
I can’t even remember when I weighed 180lbs. It would’ve been over 20 years ago. My shoulders are as wide as a Mongolian that tried to reproduce asexually though. I weighed 210 in the military while running around 40 miles a week and around 220 in my brief MMA career (being on the light side of heavyweight sucks, btw). People always say little guys are faster and hit harder. I say those people have never been hit in the face by a 300 lb monster. I did have abs then, though. I miss those guys. When I married, they said “screw it,” and left me to fend for myself armed with only my puny personality. It’s like carrying a pocketknife into a gun fight...

Anywho, I’m pushing 270 now. We should all have a weight loss competition and see who can defatify themselves the most over the next few months. 

I can’t even remember when I weighed 180lbs. It would’ve been over 20 years ago. My shoulders are as wide as a Mongolian that tried to reproduce asexually though. I weighed 210 in the military while running around 40 miles a week and around 220 in my brief MMA career (being on the light side of heavyweight sucks, btw). People always say little guys are faster and hit harder. I say those people have never been hit in the face by a 300 lb monster. I did have abs then, though. I miss those guys. When I married, they said “screw it,” and left me to fend for myself armed with only my puny personality. It’s like carrying a pocketknife into a gun fight...

Anywho, I’m pushing 270 now. We should all have a weight loss competition and see who can defatify themselves the most over the next few months. 
I already did that.  Went from 215 to 185.  Then back to 194.  Sigh.  

Ahhhhh, what the H?  Why not?  Might need some coaching though!  Thanks for thinking of me guys. 
@ptatohed Don't worry, we all need coaching. ;) . General idea (if you're not aware already), is each player is assigned a random HIDDEN role, and is either on the "good" side (Town) or "bad" side (Mafia). If there are multiple mafia, they know who eachother are. Townsfolk don't know what roles anyone else have. 

Each side is trying to eliminate the other, which is done by voting as follows:
During day, all members of the town (including those who are actually mafia members) vote to lynch 1 person. 
During night, members of the mafia secretly decide to whack one person. 

If all the mafia are eliminated town wins. If mafia outnumber the townsfolk, then the mafia wins. 

Additional rules/specifics forthcoming. 
Currently playing (8): @ChebyshevII_PE, @vhab49_PE, @tj_PE, @chart94, @RBHeadge PE, @ChaosMuppetPE, @NikR, @ptatohed
Hoping for at least 1 more participant (keep pming those posses), if not I'll make a rules post and dole out roles later (Hawaii time "later") today. We'll start the first day tomorrow morning.

As a NukeE - Fortran FTW!

FortranCardPROJ039.agr.jpg

I just prefer my VBA coding in excel sheets. It’s easy enough to write simple code there and I can actually name cells as my variables rather than having prompts. I diddled with C++ for a bit but I can’t remember all the symbols. Basic may be slightly slower in some instances, but it’s also much easier to remember the commands rather than punching in all those random characters that half retards like me can’t remember. On another note, if I fail the SE Lateral again, I may just promote myself to full retard.

I just prefer my VBA coding in excel sheets. It’s easy enough to write simple code there and I can actually name cells as my variables rather than having prompts. I diddled with C++ for a bit but I can’t remember all the symbols. Basic may be slightly slower in some instances, but it’s also much easier to remember the commands rather than punching in all those random characters that half retards like me can’t remember. On another note, if I fail the SE Lateral again, I may just promote myself to full retard.
You may be one of the only people I will ever meet who “prefers” VB.

You may be one of the only people I will ever meet who “prefers” VB.
Maybe outside of what I do, other languages are better. If there was another language that was linked to excel, it would probably be what I would use. For now, I've written some pretty nifty spreadsheets with VBA to avoid purchasing post tension programs and programs like enercalc. I love the fact that I don't have to program GUI's to go with it as the excel sheet already functions as my GUI. I don't understand where you can go wrong there, other than not having the feeling of superiority for learning fortran or python, VB actually does excellent work. If I had lots of shiny graphics, I'd try to learn the C languages again but oh well. VB ftw.

Forgot to mention that I'm super peeved about every conceivable program under the sun going subscription based. What happened to the days when you bought something you owned it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back