EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much. I used to play lots of video game "back in the day" but I've been out of it for a while now. My son is kinda getting me back into playing stuff. He has a Switch, and I have a gaming laptop.

I mostly play single-player games. It takes more time than I have to get good at online multiplayer. Right now I'm playing both "Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" on Switch and 'XCOM 2" on PC. I'm pretty close to the end of both. I often play "Smash Bros Ultimate" with my son, but we both get our butts kicked if we play online. Not sure what I'll start next, maybe the "Long War" mod to XCOM 2. I've also though about getting into the old "Hitman" games and the old "Assassin's Creed" games. Or maybe the recent reboots of "Doom" and "Tomb Raider" (both series I played a lot of back in the day). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bloodbourne is a phenomenal single player game if you like challenges 

Right now I'm playing both "Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" on Switch and 'XCOM 2" on PC. 
I've been wanting to get a switch to play Breath of the Wild. I've never been into games except Mario and Zelda from the SNES era. I'm too cheap to drop $200+ on a switch just to play one game. One day I'll find a deal and pull the trigger but for now I just play old stuff through an emulator with my 2 y.o. son. I don't connect his controller but he still loves it. 

I've been playing Second Life. So much so that I've created another world inside of that world, called Second Second Life, just to further remove myself from reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to get a switch to play Breath of the Wild. I've never been into games except Mario and Zelda from the SNES era. I'm too cheap to drop $200+ on a switch just to play one game. One day I'll find a deal and pull the trigger but for now I just play old stuff through an emulator with my 2 y.o. son. I don't connect his controller but he still loves it. 
My wife thought it would be fun to get a Wii again, so my sister gave hers to us since she never uses it anymore. Those games are still great fun.  Our 2-1/2 year old is hooked on Monster Jam.  We have to limit him to 30 mins but he's surprisingly good at it.

You never answered my question, do you legit crochet?
Regularly? No. But can I? Yes. I have in spurts. Mainly simple stuff like blankets, beanies, scarfs, etc. My wife is a much better crocheter than I am, and I started long before her. She can do some awesome patterns.

Oh man, I was driving back home yesterday and listening to an episode of Forensic Files on Sirius XM (DON'T JUDGE ME), and the episode featured a woodchipper 😧

I brought it down womp womp LET'S TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES NOW
I love that the maf thread is the new SPAM thread.

Back