EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bc you were like the only person who didn’t vote for cheby and he was mafia. It just seems really suspicious. @NikR_PE brings up some good points too
Note, I too didn't vote for Chebster, cause I had no idea about anything at that point in the game.
I was honestly surprised so many people voted for him all at once, since I had completely in the dark... 

Two in one.  Thanks for being understanding since I kinda died today!

---

Following the untimely end of @Audi driver, P.E., and at least two of the contestants feeling bad about it, nobody was feeling particularly charitable about the ongoing competition being dragged on for another round of tomfoolery.  When they were informed it was the swimsuit round next...well, the reaction was much cooler than the director hoped. I mean, they were even glared at! The director! Glared at! The nerve!

While a majority fretted about their bikini line and if they still fit in that one piece and if it was feasible for a bear to even wear a bikini, @tj_PE relaxed.  This is what they were good at. They could do this. Granted, it wasn’t dancing, but swimming was like dancing but underwater. @tj_PE didn’t understand the swimsuit portion of the competition was going to be more about how one looked in a swimsuit than how one actually performed.  So they made their way over to the Olympic in-ground nearby.

Alone.

A few laps in, and feeling the delicious burn of their shoulder muscles, @tj_PE was beginning to feel tired but pushed on.  They were in the middle of a lap when they began to hear a slight vibration across the surface. On their next butterfly stroke, they saw that the pool liner was beginning to move across the surface.  They turned, confused on who would start closing the pool when it was obvious someone was using it still.

“Hey,” they shouted at the lone figure that was fiddling with the control box, “Hey, I’m in the water!”  They obviously couldn’t hear them, thought @tj_PE nervously, as the cover continued to roll towards them, there is nothing nefarious about that.  They paddled towards where the step ladder was, only to find it mysteriously gone from where it was only moments ago. Okay, still nothing to be nervous about.  Maybe a janitor came in...while they were working out...and decided to remove...all the pool ladders for cleaning?

Beginning to panic, because the cover was slowly moving closer and they were still stuck treading water, they cursed themselves as an idiot where they remembered upper body strength was a thing.  Moving towards the edge they were slightly surprised when the person approached them.

“Hey, thanks for that, asshole, can you help me-”

In the water and in a more vulnerable position, they couldn’t dodge the kick to the head.

At 6-feet deep, the pool was just deep enough that one had to tread water, but the fabric liner cut the overhead distance and made the neck arch  into an unnatural position to allow the swimmer to breathe. After working out for a long period of time, and then being momentarily stunned, @tj_PE didn’t have the power to force the edge of the rolling liner off its track so they could escape.

So they treaded water.  

Heavy limbs became heavier, but short bursts of adrenaline helped them keep their head afloat whenever it dipped below the still pool water.  The hum of the filter droned on, filling the 8-inches of height between water surface and the thick liner, muffling anything that might be occurring outside this watery hell.  @tj_PE could feel themselves slowly failing. There was no moment of ‘I should try and push my feet off the bottom and keep treading’ or ‘If I keep going, someone will find me’. Between one second, they studied the dark blue of the surrounding water, and then the next...they slipped below the surface.

They held their breath as long as possible, small bursts of bubbles leaving their lips as their bottom attempted to produce one more burst of adrenaline.  Instead their body took the decision from them. Statistically, holding their breath is 100% killing them, but breathing in might not, so their body figured they might as well...breathe in.

Unfortunately, the first involuntary breath of @tj_PE occurs when they are still conscious, brain screaming in terror as their mouth opens.  They feel the water rush past, filling in the void space. The spastic breath pulls the water deeper, past their windpipe, burning.  They think they can feel the water flooding their lungs, except that is silly, because all they feel is burning. And water doesn’t burn, so they must not be drowning, is the last thought they have as the very process of drowning makes it harder and harder for them not to drown.

@tj_PE was killed by the mafia.

Two hours later, when the last sequin had been carefully glued-on @jean15paul_PEs swimming sarong, everyone enters the swimming area.  It’s...oddly silent, even with all the production crew trailing behind and starting to set up lighting and other affects.

“Who put the cover on?  They knew we were going to be filming?”  Asked the announcer, who went in look of the controls.

“Something seems...weird.”  @NikR_PE said, as the cover slowly began to move backwards to open the pool.

@Spickett shrugged, the small metallic disks of their bathing suit wrap tinkling as they touched, “You’re being ridiculous.  I think you’re just getting worried you’re not going to win.” They sent a longing glance at @Will.I.Am PE, who seemed to be the only person not wearing swimwear (even the camera operators were, which was...odd).

“No, this whole thing, I think @Audi driver, P.E. was right.  About how people keep dying and nobody is being held accountable.  I mean, does nobody else find that odd?”

“Funny you bring that up now, since we know you’re the one doing it.”  @RBHeadge PE said, grabbing @NikR_PE’s shoulder and spinning as the grey corpse of @tj_PE came into view, barely breaking the surface they were so water-logged.  “Confess! You knew @tj_PE was going to win with their sparkling charm and dance school know-how! Confess!”

“I didn’t do it!”  @NikR_PE stated angrily, grunting when @roar came from the other side, grabbing their arm to keep them from fleeing, “You all keep making these grand accusations and you’re ignoring the main problem that this dating show is instead being used to record us all dying!”  They gestured with their free hand to the director, who was very put-out at being mentioned just when the drama was getting good: this would need to be cut from the final reel.

“You know what you did and you’re going to pay for it!” @Spickett said, pushing @NikR_PE, who was now in the hold of both @RBHeadge PE and @Roarbark, towards the edge of the pool.  “Like for like!” They said as @NikR_PE was pushed to their knees, being the one to step behind and grab their hair and force their face into the tepid water where @tj_PE met their fate.

Nobody stopped them, as the crew fiddled guiltily with their equipment, and the other contestants were making sure their hair wouldn’t collapse in the humid pool room.  @Will.I.Am PE looked concerned, but was also afraid of the people attempting to vie for their affection would just as easily turn on them in retaliation.

The sounds of someone drowning wasn’t as dramatic as the movies would make you think.  Since @NikR_PE couldn’t move, being held by three others, there was minimal splashing, no grunting, not even a shark attack to speed it up.  For almost three minutes, their body twitched in the others’ grasp, only to stop silently. The death...didn’t feel right. Felt more like an execution than a just means of eliminating someone who had been putting them all in harm’s way.

In the end, everyone had to attempt and seduce @Will.I.Am PE in the parking lot, as the pool area was finally closed for cleaning and removal of the two bodies floating sedately in the water.  Someone had the bright idea of reviewing the CCTV, to see if there were any other clues. It was during that investigation, where the security guard said they had accidentally locked themselves out and needed the keys, that it was discovered that @NikR_PE had been angrily playing bocce ball with themselves during the time frame when @tj_PE was killed.  The CCTV footage of the pool room and surrounding hallways had been destroyed prior to review.

@NikR_PE was a normal townsperson/contestant

The remaining players are:

@jean15paul_PE, @blybrook PE, @Roarbark, @chart94, @txjennah PE, @Spickett, @RBHeadge PE, @vhab49_PE, and @MadamPirate

The final vote was:

3 @NikR_PE

2 @Spickett

1 @txjennah PE

1 @MadamPirate

1 @jean15paul_PE

Back