EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mafia – No Frills New Year 2022 Game

There are town members and mafia. Townies must try to find and eliminate the mafia with extreme prejudice before they are eliminated. The game ends when either all of the Mafia is eliminated (town wins), or there are fewer townsfolk than Mafia members (Mafia wins).

The game will start, Monday, January 10, 2022. Lynching will be allowed on the first day. Mafia can lynch the first night. In the event the game extends to the weekend, the game will be in extended night phases starting evening Friday Jan 14 through morning Jan 17, evening Jan 21 through morning Jan 24.

This is a game has a special character with a trigger element (that has been slightly adjusted) as well as some mafia voting clarification!

There are townsfolk (townies), and Mafia members. Townsfolk are going to try to eliminate the Mafia with extreme prejudice before the Mafia eliminates them. The game ends when either all of the Mafia is eliminated (town wins), or there are fewer townsfolk than Mafia members (Mafia wins).

During the day, everybody (townsfolk and Mafia) will publicly vote for a person to eliminate; I will eliminate the person with the most votes at the end of the day and reveal what their role was.

The Mafia members are going to privately tell me who they would like to eliminate during the night. A minimum of two mafia votes is needed to make a killing (because the mafia is a family and as long as two are alive, agreement must be met). *Unless only one mafia remains.

Lynches victims will have their roles publicly revealed. Nightkilled victims will not have their role revealed.

In addition to regular townsfolk and members of the Mafia, there is also a Doctor and a Cop. The Doctor can choose someone to “save” during the night; if they choose the same person the Mafia chose, then that player will escape elimination by the Mafia that night. The Cop can “investigate” players during the day and will have their intel before the lynching.

BY POPULAR DEMAND, THE CASSANDRA IS IN PLAY AGAIN! The Cassandra player does not know they have this role until a trigger occurs in the game and/or thread. A trigger could be reaching a certain page number or by player actions in the thread (like ghost votes, triple posts, etc.). The trigger is picked before the game begins. The Cassandra can be either mafia or townie alignment and once triggered, they will receive a special PM that explains their new role.

The Cassandra is similar to the investigator, where they will find out information about a player (i.e., what their role is), but they do not have a choice on who the information is about. The information will come to them as a vision (overnight PM) every night until end of game and/or they are killed. Unlike the investigators, the Cassandra MUST share their information with the thread. If they do not reveal their information, they will automatically be lynched that evening by the townies whether they are voted for or not. This will override all voting blocks.

The Mafia members know who each other are, but no one knows anyone else’s role except me. I have sent more specific instructions to the members of the Mafia, the Doctor, and the Cop. If you did not receive a PM from me, then you are a regular townsfolk/townie.

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

To vote on a person to eliminate, mention me @BlueBlueprintPE and tell me specifically that 1) you are voting and 2) the username of the person you are voting to eliminate.

Please submit your votes in this thread by 9:00 PM EST/8:00 PM Central/7:00 PM Mountain/6:00 PM Pacific Time/Whatever Roar and Bly-time.

A couple of rules:

1) You may use this thread to vote and post about the game
2) Anyone who is an active participant in the game can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.
3) Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated.
4) If there is a tie for most votes, I will either ask for 10 rounds of RPS or use a randomizer in a best of 3 round.
5) EB PMing is allowed this round.
6) All votes via PM will not count unless they are specifically for Mafia actions.
7) Votes submitted after the deadline will count towards the following day.
8) You are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.
9) Please keep all trash talk in the thread and don’t take things too seriously!
10) New players get a free pass on the first day. No lynches/no night kill. New players this around are: none

Please feel free to ask questions in the thread!

Current players this round: @beccabun PE, @ChebyshevII PE, @djl PE, @DLD PE, @Dothracki PE, @eng_girl95, @EyehatethePEexam PE, @MeowMeow PE, @RBHeadge PE , @SaltySteve PE, @Spitfire6532, @steelnole15, @txjennah PE

Mafia – No Frills New Year 2022 Game

There are town members and mafia. Townies must try to find and eliminate the mafia with extreme prejudice before they are eliminated. The game ends when either all of the Mafia is eliminated (town wins), or there are fewer townsfolk than Mafia members (Mafia wins).

The game will start, Monday, January 10, 2022. Lynching will be allowed on the first day. Mafia can lynch the first night. In the event the game extends to the weekend, the game will be in extended night phases starting evening Friday Jan 14 through morning Jan 17, evening Jan 21 through morning Jan 24.

This is a game has a special character with a trigger element (that has been slightly adjusted) as well as some mafia voting clarification!

There are townsfolk (townies), and Mafia members. Townsfolk are going to try to eliminate the Mafia with extreme prejudice before the Mafia eliminates them. The game ends when either all of the Mafia is eliminated (town wins), or there are fewer townsfolk than Mafia members (Mafia wins).

During the day, everybody (townsfolk and Mafia) will publicly vote for a person to eliminate; I will eliminate the person with the most votes at the end of the day and reveal what their role was.

The Mafia members are going to privately tell me who they would like to eliminate during the night. A minimum of two mafia votes is needed to make a killing (because the mafia is a family and as long as two are alive, agreement must be met). *Unless only one mafia remains.

Lynches victims will have their roles publicly revealed. Nightkilled victims will not have their role revealed.

In addition to regular townsfolk and members of the Mafia, there is also a Doctor and a Cop. The Doctor can choose someone to “save” during the night; if they choose the same person the Mafia chose, then that player will escape elimination by the Mafia that night. The Cop can “investigate” players during the day and will have their intel before the lynching.

BY POPULAR DEMAND, THE CASSANDRA IS IN PLAY AGAIN! The Cassandra player does not know they have this role until a trigger occurs in the game and/or thread. A trigger could be reaching a certain page number or by player actions in the thread (like ghost votes, triple posts, etc.). The trigger is picked before the game begins. The Cassandra can be either mafia or townie alignment and once triggered, they will receive a special PM that explains their new role.

The Cassandra is similar to the investigator, where they will find out information about a player (i.e., what their role is), but they do not have a choice on who the information is about. The information will come to them as a vision (overnight PM) every night until end of game and/or they are killed. Unlike the investigators, the Cassandra MUST share their information with the thread. If they do not reveal their information, they will automatically be lynched that evening by the townies whether they are voted for or not. This will override all voting blocks.

The Mafia members know who each other are, but no one knows anyone else’s role except me. I have sent more specific instructions to the members of the Mafia, the Doctor, and the Cop. If you did not receive a PM from me, then you are a regular townsfolk/townie.

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

To vote on a person to eliminate, mention me @BlueBlueprintPE and tell me specifically that 1) you are voting and 2) the username of the person you are voting to eliminate.

Please submit your votes in this thread by 9:00 PM EST/8:00 PM Central/7:00 PM Mountain/6:00 PM Pacific Time/Whatever Roar and Bly-time.

A couple of rules:

1) You may use this thread to vote and post about the game
2) Anyone who is an active participant in the game can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.
3) Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated.
4) If there is a tie for most votes, I will either ask for 10 rounds of RPS or use a randomizer in a best of 3 round.
5) EB PMing is allowed this round.
6) All votes via PM will not count unless they are specifically for Mafia actions.
7) Votes submitted after the deadline will count towards the following day.
8) You are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.
9) Please keep all trash talk in the thread and don’t take things too seriously!
10) New players get a free pass on the first day. No lynches/no night kill. New players this around are: none

Please feel free to ask questions in the thread!

Current players this round: @beccabun PE, @ChebyshevII PE, @djl PE, @DLD PE, @Dothracki PE, @eng_girl95, @EyehatethePEexam PE, @MeowMeow PE, @RBHeadge PE , @SaltySteve PE, @Spitfire6532, @steelnole15, @txjennah PE
? I don't remember @eng_girl95 playing before?

Good luck everyone!

Back