EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to share this with y'all since all mah frands are here - well most of them since @civilrobot is MIA again, studying

I got this thru IEEE this morning but you do NOT have to be an IEEE member to participate (or an engineer or an adult). And it's free and PDHs are available. But it's the topic that's making me share this. Houston IEEE has teamed up with NSBE to create a series on African-American STEM Innovators.

https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/258539

I wanted to share this with y'all since all mah frands are here - well most of them since @civilrobot is MIA again, studying

I got this thru IEEE this morning but you do NOT have to be an IEEE member to participate (or an engineer or an adult). And it's free and PDHs are available. But it's the topic that's making me share this. Houston IEEE has teamed up with NSBE to create a series on African-American STEM Innovators.

I still don't have a license number to require PDHs but I'll check it out anyway. I love history

I still don't have a license number to require PDHs but I'll check it out anyway. I love history
Will you have to get PDHs? Louisiana doesn't require any PDHs your first year since it's only a partial year. Do other states handle it like that?

I guess it's my turn now to mod. Great work @LyceeFruit PE, I loved the theme this round. I am guessing we will start on Wednesday 2/3 unless we should take a little break and start on Monday 2/8 after the superbowl is over and we are still in a sportsball mood. Who is in and who has a preference of start day?
I'm in for either start date!

Yes, I am studying but thank you for posting this! I can still look through it to see if I can pick up some PMP PDUs. I wish I could play mafia, but:
1. I don't know what I'm doing when I play. I always get killed first.
2. I can't hang out long enough to play correctly - studying and work keep me busy.

In like Flynn.
giphy.gif

I am guessing we will start on Wednesday 2/3 unless we should take a little break and start on Monday 2/8 after the superbowl is over and we are still in a sportsball mood. Who is in and who has a preference of start day?
I'm in. No preference for start date.

Will you have to get PDHs? Louisiana doesn't require any PDHs your first year since it's only a partial year. Do other states handle it like that?
Maryland doesn't require PDH's for the first renewal. So there aren't any requirements for the first 24 months. PDHs are required biannually thereafter.

In like Flynn.
When we rescued Wicket, his full name was "Free Spirit's In Like Flynn", or Flynn for short. We changed it to Wicket (because Shih Tzu = Eqok) when we got home.

Lucky.
I already had to renew one of mine so my exemption period is over. And I can't figure out if I get the "first time exemption" with one of the others lol

Yes, I am studying but thank you for posting this! I can still look through it to see if I can pick up some PMP PDUs. I wish I could play mafia, but:
1. I don't know what I'm doing when I play. I always get killed first.
2. I can't hang out long enough to play correctly - studying and work keep me busy.
I hope it works for your PMP PDHs!

I guess it's my turn now to mod. Great work @LyceeFruit PE, I loved the theme this round. I am guessing we will start on Wednesday 2/3 unless we should take a little break and start on Monday 2/8 after the superbowl is over and we are still in a sportsball mood. Who is in and who has a preference of start day?
Thanks. I am in.

Haven't dealt with it yet... Is it PE requirement or more like management requirement? I guess have some idea regarding PMP.
Many states require PE's to get a certain amount of PDHs (i.e. continuing education) and submit a log everytime you renew your license.

You just got licensed right?... or just passed the exam? It's probably a good time to know what (if any) continuing education you'll be required to do.

Back