Dr. Tom's Classroom

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schedengr

Reaction score
Anyone ever take Dr. Tom's Classroom PE Civil prep course? Seem to have good statistics of passing people and I really like his take on focusing on the low % passing for construction year after year. After 2 times taking Construction I've decided to go with Water Resources this coming Spring 2019. He even says in his class you have better odds passing WRE depth even if you've never worked in the industry than you do taking the Construction afternoon and being in the industry. Well said. Just like to hear everyone's personal experience with his prep course.

Anyone ever take Dr. Tom's Classroom PE Civil prep course? Seem to have good statistics of passing people and I really like his take on focusing on the low % passing for construction year after year. After 2 times taking Construction I've decided to go with Water Resources this coming Spring 2019. He even says in his class you have better odds passing WRE depth even if you've never worked in the industry than you do taking the Construction afternoon and being in the industry. Well said. Just like to hear everyone's personal experience with his prep course.
I took it with Structural Depth. While the course is very well organized, beware the instructors will only answer questions pertaining to the actual examples. For example, on a problem given regarding deflection, the moment of inertia for the cross section was given and I calculated it instead to get a different answer. I asked something pertaining the use of the actual moment of inertia as it neglected the check for deflection practically, and they refused to even consider answering the questions. I was very disappointed as it was an open ended conceptual question really, but anyone else actually dives into the concept a bit before saying "don't worry about that, it won't come in the exam." Honestly If I was to take Water Resources, which I might actually, I would go with Test Masters the Live Class. Their online is good but you get zero questions answered as well. However, their notes are excellent and everyone I know has passed WR with Test Masters. Im taking structural and have taken EET and Dr. Goswami's Course. Both exceptional classes.  

I took EET class and i have taken school of PE in the past.  I passed PE exam this time because of EET professors and teaching materials.  I highly recommend EET class.

Back