Down to single digits, how's everyone doing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol! I'm letting it go, after all, either way it's the last time I'm taking that test.
SMott,
Out of curiosity did the review course help you? Did you feel prepared? Just curious.
Yes very much. I still had trouble with speed, but the problems I had time to work I feel very good about.
If I fail again it's because I needed to work more on speed.

Sounds like a lot of jerk proctors this go round? Wish there was a way you all could give feedback on their performance and attitude...

I think it's just NY proctors being anal about rule enforcement. It just comes back to using common sense when applying rules I guess. Is gum technically food, sure. Is it really an issue unless the person chews like a cow and disturbs others, probably not. The pencil thing really irked me though. Shell out $700 or so and they can't give you an extra **** pencil...

Last edited by a moderator:
Our proctors were very nice and professional. No complaints at all as far as the exam day process went in IL.

NY needs to lighten up. i'm surprised they expect you to sit for two 4 hour stretches with no water (or expect you to exit the test to find a drinking fountain). i took the exam in WA state and i had 3 bottles of water, a 20 oz coffee (morning), and a 16 oz coffee (afternoon). i was jacked up on caffeine the entire time.

Our proctors were very nice and professional. No complaints at all as far as the exam day process went in IL.
where did you take it? The CTS proctors IL uses are usually one or two middle aged people in charge then either super old ladies or welfare receiptiants with fake claws for finger nails that spend the entire time on their smart phones.

I took it in Champaign. The personnel were all well dressed and very polite. I wasn't paying attention to what they were doing while the exam was going on, but they seemed to be attentive.

^when I took the FE in champaign it was all really old folks, for the PE(in champaign), the proctors were wearing sweatpants with words across the butt and hoodies. very unprofessional. Glad to see CTS has established some sort of decorum

Back