Down to single digits, how's everyone doing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Location visited so I know what time to leave and how to get there. 2001 and 2008 practice exams done and out of the way. Bag (practice exams, SMS, FE Manual, personal folder, steam tables, conversion book, and MERM) packed. Nothing more I can do now.

Here's wishing everyone the best of luck. Hope we have a bunch of new PE's (and new EB donors) in a few weeks.

Best of luck to you too! And same for all!

By this time tomorrow night, I will be home, likely on my ret pally, trying to get my legendary cloak before WoD launches. If you didn't follow that, don't worry, I didn't expect you to.

Hope it was good for you. Didn't feel as confident as I would have preferred but should have done enough to get a pass I think.

I did much better in pm than am. I still didn't finish either session, and had to guess, just not as many in pm. Felt like what problems I had time to work, I did well on, unless I made stupid mistakes.

Time will tell.

I finished with about an hour to spare each session. I think I did much better in the AM. I counted the 'definitely wrong/no freaking clue' ones and had about 3 of those. I figure another 3 or so for stupid errors. The PM was a bit of a mix. There were quite a few where I banged them out right out of the gate. There were enough "no freaking clue" questions to leave me worried though. Mathematically I think I scored enough for a pass but my usual pessimism tells me I screwed up enough to get the dreaded "thick packet."

I also thought I did pretty well on the morning. Had to guess on a few but overall felt condifent. HVAC PM was tougher than I anticipated and I know I didn't do as well on it as the morning. I do think I got enough right to pass, however I'm sure that feeling will change after a little time...

The exam content was a bit heavier in certain areas which threw me for a loop. It didn't seem to be very close to the standard breakdown on the NCEES site. That's just my feeling on the Mechanical AM and T/F PM though. Someone else may get on here and say that it was a breeze...

Ramnares, my experience was exactly the opposite. I don't think I did well in the am, which has me worried I may not pass. But I feel I did ok in the pm, I guess I studied enough for pm that I ended up neglecting the am a little.

I counted about 6 probs in the PM which were up in the air for me. 3 out of those 6 were guesses. The other three were solved but took a lot of looking and wasn't positive about my method used. I figure another 3-4 for silly mistakes and I'm at a 30 for the afternoon.

Again, without getting myself into trouble (I hope), I thought the sections (HVAC, mechanics etc.) were a bit misrepresented in the overall composition.

On a funnier note, I know they said no food/water allowed in NY but at Pratt they were taking EVERYTHING away. They had a table where everyone had to put their water, food etc. I took a pack of gum out and the proctor said it wasn't allowed. I asked if I could just chew a couple sticks and put the pack away and she said no, that's food and not allowed :/

By the way, it was a green pencil this time around...they wouldn't give you an extra pencil either. I left early so I don't know if they tried to reclaim the pencils but when I handed my test in my pencil was under the MERM cover somewhere so they didn't see/ask for it.

Yes, green was the color. They told us to keep them. I have three now.

Also told us to raise our hand if we needed another one.

If you really want one, I can find and send you the two I got before this exam.

Seriously, if I pass this time, I've thought about framing all three along with my liscense.

Honestly, The only one that matters anything to me is the one that I passed with. I do have the first one from October 2012 and I never kept the one from April 2013 because I was so discouraged by how I felt afterwards. I will frame the one from October 2013.

I asked the proctor (who nixed my gum) and her response was, "We don't have extra pencils. What you have on your desk is all you get." Which was stupid because once the instructions were being read they said if you needed an extra pencil raise your hand...at that point I was annoyed enough that I said screw it and just proceeded to do the exam.

I took MS&M in the PM, and thought the PM was a little smoother than the AM. Wasn't as prepared as I should have been (1st time taker). I don't feel very confident. Could have passed, could have failed. Preparing myself mentally for the latter. Going to take a couple of weeks off and then start reading over some things that I would like to improve my knowledge base on anyway. If I do need to retake in April, I'll just be that much further ahead. I actually felt happy to be spending a Sunday doing yard work as opposed to being locked away studying.

Hope everyone did well. I know if I didn't pass it won't be for lack of effort.

It's amazing how you guys sound like we did after the last exam.

Relax, release and let go. If you passed then Great if not think about what you would do different and then go back to it!

Back