DONE with United Airlines

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as dumb as it may sound, not "complying" with a flight attendants direction is actually some type of crime (similar to getting 10 years in prison for altering the fan in the lavatory) or something..something...

That's entirely different. That's trespassing and them entering my home was not based on a business transaction for any services to be rendered or goods to be delivered.
The moment he was not complying with the agreement, he was trespassing.  It's just as much a crime.  Same, same.

The moment he was not complying with the agreement, he was trespassing.  It's just as much a crime.  Same, same.
He can make the argument that it was United that was not complying with the agreement they made to fly him to a specified location at a specified time.

Point is: it was handled 110% the wrong way by the airlines and the cops. The lawyers are gonna have a field day with this one both civilly and criminally and it's not going to go in United's favor. The bulk majority of the populace (any of which can be chosen for a jury) will see that there were many reasonable alternatives the airline/police could have done besides excessive use of force.

Reasonable Alternative:

Airline: "Sir, we need you to deboard."

Passenger in Question: "I can't I have a pressing need in the destination city that is time sensitive and I CANNOT miss this flight."

Airline on PA: "We'll offer $2000 in a certified check, hotel, transportation, membership in our super ultra level blah blah blah flight program, rebook you on a flight tomorrow, and give you a free round trip ticket...."

*Certain time passes with no takers*

Airline: "$2500....$3000..." etc.

Repeat until you have a taker. You'll get one pretty quick.

Problem solved.

Believe it or not, if someone is not being compliant (for whatever reason), the default reasonable action is not to beat the sh*t out of them.
Once the whiny guy decided to not comply with the officers who were trying to LEGALLY remove him from a very tight space, I become pretty unconcerned what happens to him. Perhaps that is just because I am not a whiny guy that tends to not disobey the police, but instead acts politely. YMMV.

C9GpxuZUAAAovXl.jpg:small

This article basically says what I have been saying:

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]The [/COLOR]real solution here is to change the culture of law enforcement in aviation[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]. As soon as there’s even a misunderstanding between passengers and crew, that can trigger law enforcement. The assumption is that the passenger is always wrong, the airline backs its crew, and there’s tremendous risk to the public. [/COLOR]Not every customer service situation is a crime.

I'm also impressed that people were murdered inside an elementary school yesterday and we're still worried (society, not just eb.com) about a guy getting kicked off a flight. 
Yeah but the Second Amendment.  

I'm going to let the story go....

I need the spare time to camp out at my kids school and try and figure out which teachers have made poor marriage decisions which will result in them Being murdered at their place of employment...

Back