Dang you Bojangle's!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
They discontinues their smoked sausage biscuit. Not discontinue the 99 cent pricing, which I expected, but you can't even get the biscuit.

They were pretty tasy, too.

here is their recipe so you can make them at home

[SIZE=24pt]Bojangles Biscuits
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]2 cups self rising flour[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2 teaspoons baking powder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2 teaspoons confectioners sugar[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1−1/2 cups buttermilk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Melted butter (about 1/4 cup)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Stir together the flour, baking powder & 10x sugar. Cut in the shortening[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]until pieces are about the size of grains of rice. Stir in the buttermilk.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Knead a few times, roll out on a floured board or counter top to 3/4−inch[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]thickness. Be careful not to work dough too much or add too much flour, or[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]you'll have dry biscuits. Cut with an oversized biscuit cutter (about 3−[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]inches). Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes in a[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]preheated 450 degree oven.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]
[/SIZE]

here is their recipe so you can make them at home
[SIZE=24pt]Bojangles Biscuits
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]2 cups self rising flour[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2 teaspoons baking powder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2 teaspoons confectioners sugar[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]1−1/2 cups buttermilk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Melted butter (about 1/4 cup)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Stir together the flour, baking powder & 10x sugar. Cut in the shortening[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]until pieces are about the size of grains of rice. Stir in the buttermilk.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Knead a few times, roll out on a floured board or counter top to 3/4−inch[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]thickness. Be careful not to work dough too much or add too much flour, or[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]you'll have dry biscuits. Cut with an oversized biscuit cutter (about 3−[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]inches). Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes in a[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]preheated 450 degree oven.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Who did you kill to get that? And you better be careful, Bojangle's has spies everywhere. They're probably on their way to your house right now.

Man, sounds like this place was pretty good.

The last fast food item I pined over was the loss of the McRib!

Who did you kill to get that? And you better be careful, Bojangle's has spies everywhere. They're probably on their way to your house right now.
one of my friends sent me a Top secret insiders recipe e-cookbook. It has the recipes for lots of signature dishes from restaurants and other products.

Man, sounds like this place was pretty good.
The last fast food item I pined over was the loss of the McRib!
That must be regional, we have the McRib here, although it is a seasonal thing.

What's the matter, VT? Want to live forever?
Unless its cookies or pie or something equally 'junk food', I tend to really scale down on the amount of butter and grease I used in recipes. You can cut those number down by nearly half sometimes.

Yeah, the flavor isn't quite as decadent but I figure there's gotta be a balance between health and taste somewhere.

I think the other thing is that I've been eating light for years now, ever since I started buying my own groceries, and am used to it. So sometimes when I eat something rich it basically tastes like I'm eating pure butter.

Yeah, the flavor isn't quite as decadent but I figure there's gotta be a balance between health and taste somewhere.

Yes, the trade-off is only eating one of everything instead of two :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, bacon... the candy of meats!

Butter, oh butter, where art thou?

Bacon and butter and syrup, on a plate, with a pancake. Oooooh, I need a cigarette now.

Back