csb's Liquor, I barely know her Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like those new seltzers that advertise with vit c and antioxidants.

anyone had the "Bad Daddys" Margarita? Its pretty strong they only let you have 2..

We figured out they add apple juice to mask the insane amount of tequila they put in there - but Saturday we went and each had 2 at the restaurant and then each took 2 home, somehow I dont feel like this booze to go thing is that great of an idea but we are taking advantage..

I don't know what's going on with me, but lockdown seems to be reducing my tolerance for alcohol, or my liver is finally telling me to go to hell. I can drink 2 cans of an ordinary beer (Asahi) and be so buzzed I just want to give up. I think I just haven't kept up with my drinking practice. Pre-pandemic I would at least meet a group of friends every Monday for Happy Hour (3 to 4 beers), but now it's maybe 2-3 nights a week with one beer on the balcony, maybe 2 on a Friday. 

I've found that for myself, if I go even a few weeks without drinking much (and I normally don't drink a lot; these days, usually only two beers once a week?), I will notice a significant decline in my alcohol tolerance. So yeah, I think it's probably just your recent tendencies, which sound like they are linked to the lockdown, and not so much your liver.

Going into quarantine definitely affected my drinking. I believe I went from February to September without any alcohol. When I had that Hemingway drink with dinner at the beginning of September, it felt like I had never drank before.

Back