csb's Liquor, I barely know her Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes?

I hadn't had a hard alcohol other than bourbon in probably over 10 years until a few weeks ago.  I'm easily entertained by shiny objects, and that damned Crystal Head Vodka bottle was the shiniest object in the liquor store for months.  I finally broke down and bought it, just because I like the bottle.  So I drank vodka/fruit juices for a solid evening.  Drank 3/4 of the bottle and very much regretted it the next day.

Turns out my favorite drink of the moment is flavored rum on ice. Does this make me a trophy wife? 
Only if you pair it with lobster bisque.  At 9:00 am.

Hendrick's gin, tonic water, ice, lime.  Don't need anything else.

I'm big on bourbon and Tennessee whiskey right now, but I also love a good rum. The Mrs. is all about a mojito slushie recipe that I found for her earlier in the summer. We also drink Peruvian Pisco from time to time.

liquor in the front, poker in the rear?

(sorry, someone had to say it)
Also the title of the album by one of my favorite bands!

R-1364406-1213141210.jpeg.jpg

liquor in the front, poker in the rear?

(sorry, someone had to say it)
I’d be disappointed if someone didn’t say it.

the rum drinks and RGs post sound tasty but the sugar throws the calories through the roof.  I’d have to go with Supe GT recipe

An Irish Wake is pretty good (that's what it's called when served at McGuire's Irish Pub, it probably has other names in other places):

1.5 oz of Bacardi Light Rum
1.5 oz. Bacardi Gold Rum
1 oz. Bacardi 151 Rum
1.5 oz. Blue Curaçao Liquor
Florida Orange Juice

Served in one of these:

IMG_20200917_143659.jpg

An Irish Wake is pretty good (that's what it's called when served at McGuire's Irish Pub, it probably has other names in other places):

1.5 oz of Bacardi Light Rum
1.5 oz. Bacardi Gold Rum
1 oz. Bacardi 151 Rum
1.5 oz. Blue Curaçao Liquor
Florida Orange Juice

Served in one of these:

View attachment 18747
1) What about this is "Irish" in any way?

2) So basically a screwdriver, but made worse by the use of crappy rum and blue curacao?

1) What about this is "Irish" in any way?

2) So basically a screwdriver, but made worse by the use of crappy rum and blue curacao?
It's Irish because the orange juice and blue curaçao make it a green color ;)  

Isn't a screwdriver with vodka?

Last edited by a moderator:
Irish wake?  I would rather have an Irish car bomb. More Irish and than just being green. 

my wife ordered one of those when she was in Ireland and the bartendar told her that was an amerian drink?

Irish as in Irish ingredients.  I have no doubt that this is an American creation.

Latest posts

Back