COVID-19

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be interesting for people in states where gatherings capped at say 50 people...

I have been making mine, and the last couple I make the elastic loop long enough to reach my ponytail, keeps it off my ears.
clever! i have a thing of elastic on its way to me in addition to the extra masks i ordered. so i'll be assembling this weekend and maybe will make some of both options!

Interesting! By those guidelines, is no drinking of water allowed? That might make for one very uncomfortable and extremely dehydrated leggo...

Of course, I'm not planning on take the SE exam until next April. But then, who knows where this country and all states will be by that time.

Has anyone in California taking the test in October received a cancellation email or a revised location? I heard a couple people might have had this happen, but that may just be for the PE.

In the AEI SE review class this weekend people in the chat were discussing an email they got from the California board saying they can take it in Nevada since their was cancelled.  Not sure if it was all California testing locations or just a few...I'm not in CA so I can't say for sure

Has anyone in California taking the test in October received a cancellation email or a revised location? I heard a couple people might have had this happen, but that may just be for the PE.
I received an email last week of August saying all exams in CA are cancelled. Not sure about PE, but for SEs they moved the exam to Las Vegas, which was still up in the air. NCEES were going to let all candidates know by September 10 if any cancellations were necessary due to capacity restrictions at the site. 

Since September 10 has passed, and based on my chat with NCEES they said I was still scheduled. As of today, I have booked my hotel room and hoping for no further surprises. I must say that it has been hard to focus on studying with all the uncertainty going around.

Has NCEES cancelled anyone's exam at this point? Curious as I have yet to hear of any cancellations due to capacity restrictions etc. 

Has NCEES cancelled anyone's exam at this point? Curious as I have yet to hear of any cancellations due to capacity restrictions etc. 
washington has been approved for 200 people. they relocated the SE examinees to a different location to help with capacity restrictions which gave us another opportunity for refund. but I haven't heard of anyone getting cancelled with no choice yet

Nevada is still on and it looks like they created a second testing site. I know California canceled and Nevada picked up a lot of the overflow from that.

Illinois restrictions in DuPage County just decreased gatherings to 25 people on starting Friday, October 23. Crossing my fingers that my registration isn't canceled! 

Illinois restrictions in DuPage County just decreased gatherings to 25 people on starting Friday, October 23. Crossing my fingers that my registration isn't canceled! 
Maybe if that becomes an issue, they can get a second room.

Just got the email... they're looking for volunteers to take a refund.

image.png

Could they have made this any more ambiguous? Do they need to get to 25 people or under? Can they open another room? If they do have to cancel exams, how will they decide? Will they give priority to lateral-only takers? Really didn't need this 2 days before the exam lol.

Maybe if that becomes an issue, they can get a second room.
I emailed NCEES about this and just got a response. They were already planning on two rooms, and have opened up a third room. They're trying to get some people to cancel because they're a few people over the allowance. They're hoping to get a few people to cancel and said it's unlikely that they'll have to cancel registrations involuntarily.

Latest posts

Back