Corona with Lime

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Franziskaner and Upland Wheat are my two favorite Hefeweizens....they kick ass. Tucher is a close 3rd, and I would put Pyramid 4th and Blue Moon 5th.

I have aquired a taste for Corona with lime. My daughter thought that she would take the short cut and get Bud Light with lime flavor. UUUUUGH!!!!
Any beer with pre-added lime sounds suspect to me.

I did try that Bud Chelada recently when a few of us were feeling brave. It's bud, tomato juice, and clam juice all pre mixed. Blecch!

And if I want a Corona with lime, I will drink it regardless of the reputation. I guess 50-year old taste buds are different. :)
There's some serious beer snobbery / smack talk goin on in this thread. Mary, drink what you like & what tastes good to you.

I love the crafted beers from microbreweries - I am very wary over ordering any of these types when i'm out though. Say that a typical small town michigan tavern has Old Speckled Hen on tap? Nice! but I'll pass when everyday Joe & Suzy smalltowner quaff bud lite / miller lite like its Jonestown koolaid. I have no idea how old that keg is cuz i'm sure its not getting rotated out like the domestic koolaid is. . . .goes for ordering bottled beer too. They have an unfiltered IPA in bottles? Sweet! but probably pass, again that 'born on date' may have been during the (last) Clinton campaign. The tavern needs to be well established in its tap selection for me to feel comfortable ordering drafts, and in its patrons for ordering bottled craft beer. Otherwise, i have no problem ordering the boring, safe, & unspectacular in a bottle of Bud, Rolling Rock, Labatts, etc. Keeps the headaches / tummyaches away.

But drinking at home will probably find me w/ that unfiltered IPA, goes great w/ barb-e-que chicken or brats!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys got me wanting beers I can't get here: Fat Tire, Blue Canoe, Moose Drool, Kokane, Molson XXX

You guys got me wanting beers I can't get here: Fat Tire, Blue Canoe, Moose Drool, Kokane, Molson XXX
That's pretty much the list of beers I make sure I have at least one of when I visit family in WA state. The company that makes Fat Tire also makes some sort of Farmhouse ale or Biere de Garde that was awesome.

I also like Pyramid's apricot ale when I'm out there.

Jimmy Buffett's Landshark ain't TOO bad...
Just tried this for the first time last night. It hit the spot on a scorching hot night.

Another great one in the Texas/Oklahoma area is Shiner Bock.
I've had Shiner in Texas. Also had the bread they make with it in Salt Grass Steakhouse. yummy. I used to drink a lot of different beers, including a lot of darks. I liked St Pauli Girls dark at one time. My tastes have just "matured". (That could also be interpretted as aged beyond usefulness.)

Fat Tire, Yuengling, and Shiner Blond are the beers that I can't get here that I really wish I could. For some reason, a local distributor has started bringing in Shiner Bock and Shiner Hefeweizen, but no Blond...which is the one I like the best. Bastards.

I was visiting my sister in Illinois on the Missouri border a couple weeks ago and they had a liquor store that was advertising Fat Tire. Turns out that their distributor hasn't finalized the deal yet, so it wasn't available. I was pissed because my next batch of homebrew is a Fat Tire clone, and I wanted a basis for comparison.

hmmm... yes I belive the Blue Moon was the beer with the orange... It was at some bar in Syracuse that advertised 69 beers on tap, although there always seemed to be way more on the list and it had a pigs head or something on their t-shirts... can't recall the place though... it was never one of our first stops.

And the Ying you get in PA (can't find it north of there) tastes different then the stuff you can get here in North Carolina... perhaps the green bottle during shipping does affect it or something.

<---- No beer snob! It all gets you to the same place anyway... drunk (well after enough of it anyway)

(and speaking of cheap beer Peils (sp?) that was all my dad had in the fridge growing up!)

In the days of my youth, my dad found out drinking kills brain cells, and pretty much stopped any but the smallest imbibements on occasion :true:

My mom however, always had a wacky selection on hand, probably the least of all being:

she used it in a beer bread recipe - not so much for drinking.

I like to refer to the cheeta theory here....

The cheeta's only go for the week and injured (I can't even remember what prey we used to use)... there fore drinking will make me smarter because the alcohol is targeting the weak brain cells killing them and allowing me more capacity for knowledge....

I know it is ridiculous but it worked in college....

Back