COME ON CA!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got off the phone with guy in CA who releases the results . He said expect something next week "before Christmas" . He reiterated lot of people have not submitted finger prints and it is delaying the licensing process . California has received results from NCEES but will not release them unless they update their database .They are in the process of doing so but this is being held up due to missing fingerprints (!)

Right now in my opinion this is a mess . Lot and I mean a lot of finger prints have not been submitted .

I would not expect results before next week at the rate this is going . I think we will be lucky if we get it before Christmas .
Can you provide the name of the person you spoke to? I just got off the phone with a gentlemen that indicated otherwise. Please provide the name of the person you spoke to. Yesterday I was also told that the results would not be held up due to the finger printing when I called the board.

All , I have given up hope for CA releasing it let alone this week . I am at peace now knowing it won't be released .
I'm with you on this.  I was anxious the first day, but been numb since then.  It's better to be hopeless about CA now and if there's a pleasant surprise, then I can enjoy it.  Otherwise, no disappointment.   I can't believe they screw up that badly?   It's almost like they did it on purpose just to win the Idiot Award. 

I'm with you on this.  I was anxious the first day, but been numb since then.  It's better to be hopeless about CA now and if there's a pleasant surprise, then I can enjoy it.  Otherwise, no disappointment.   I can't believe they screw up that badly?   It's almost like they did it on purpose just to win the Idiot Award. 
It is odd that a test like does not reveal the results similar to the State Bar.  When my buddy got his BAR results, it was at a specified date and time which I he knew well in advance.  

:DV:  Guys be strong. This is nothing but normal. Results in CA are typically released one week after the NCEES release date. Nothing to worry about...... 

Don't want to burst your bubbles, but California took forever in April. It nearly ruined my Memorial Day weekend camping trip when half the country released their results but not CA. I don't expect it to be any quicker with the new fingerprinting requirement. It's also true that they released the 8-hr results in the morning then the state-specific tests in the evening. I spent that entire day refreshing my email on my computer and phone. I know it's agony, but good luck. You'll have your results within a week, good or bad.  :)  

All these years with zero improvement is unacceptable. When we start accepting horrible results as the norm, that's when society declines.

"Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive."

-Andy Grove

I'm never planning to get my fingers printed. I only took the exam in CA to expedite my AK licensing process. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is doing/has done this. There's no way the fingerprinting is holding up the show.
Just curious, how does the CA exam help with AK? I'm guessing you passed on the Seismic and Surveying then.

Just curious, how does the CA exam help with AK? I'm guessing you passed on the Seismic and Surveying then.
Correct, I did not take Seismic and Surveying. I may at a later date, but wanted to focus on the NCEES exam. I don't really ever foresee living or working in CA.

The timing with engineering board meetings and my "responsible charge" time was slowing me down. AK wouldn't allow me to sit for the PE exam until April 2016 at the earliest. So I applied in CA and they allowed me to sit in Oct. Had I thought about it, I probably could have taken the exam in CA years ago. 

If I pass, I could be licensed in AK 8+ months earlier than if I waited to sit for the PE here, just due to the board meeting schedule.

Correct, I did not take Seismic and Surveying. I may at a later date, but wanted to focus on the NCEES exam. I don't really ever foresee living or working in CA.

The timing with engineering board meetings and my "responsible charge" time was slowing me down. AK wouldn't allow me to sit for the PE exam until April 2016 at the earliest. So I applied in CA and they allowed me to sit in Oct. Had I thought about it, I probably could have taken the exam in CA years ago. 

If I pass, I could be licensed in AK 8+ months earlier than if I waited to sit for the PE here, just due to the board meeting schedule.
Gotcha. So if you pass you just have to show proof of passing the NCEES exam to the AK board and get licensed? Sounds like a decent deal.

Back