COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hence the if.
Although beating FSU @ Tallahassee isn't "not playing anybody".

FSU lost to Clemson too. I know Clemson is ranked #8, but, really, strength of schedule...They played Wofford and Troy. One could argue that they might be good because they beat Virginia Tech, but VT in turn hasn't played anyone either...Appalachian State, Marshall

It's a problem with whole system...play cream puff teams early in your schedule so you can boost your rankings, and hope you don't fall too far when you actually start playing real games. Then, get in a BCS bowl for the big $$$, and then get slaughtered by a school with a professional team...
Well sure, the early season is full of cream puffs. But I would argue that at this point, Oklahoma strength of schedule (FSU, overrated at #5) is better than Wisc (Nebraska, overrated @ #15, but sadly probably the best team they'll play this year outside of the bowl). And IF they both stay undefeated, it will stay that way. Thats all I'm saying. Wisconsin is very good, but them being in a very bad Big 10 hurts them this year.

Big10 is very down this year.

Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, are all very much off their game.

Michigan is OK, still don't have the defense to be a power.

Wisconsin will suffer because of it.

Big10 is very down this year.
Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, are all very much off their game.

Michigan is OK, still don't have the defense to be a power.

Wisconsin will suffer because of it.
Agreed - Wisconsin's best regular season "showcase" game left right now is MSU, who is not even in the AP Top 25 right now.

Then I don't see how the Badgers could expect a Top 10 opponent in the B10 title game either.

Iowa ?

MSU (again) ?

Nebraska (again) ?

Michigan ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Their only saving grace will be putting up massive numbers on offense against Big 10 teams with stingy defenses. Even though they suck on offense, a number of Big 10 teams have held their opponents to relatively low scoring games. Even then, I'm sure it won't be enough for the computers, but they look so insanely dominant this year, I think they'll make the better +1 argument than any of the other teams in recent history if they win out.

Big 10 also blew off Missouri's desire to join, which is why they are now pursuing an SEC invite.

Big East won't last with 6 football teams...especially since those 6 teams suck. It's a shame that the Big East basketball juggernaut is being broken up though.

The best I can hope for now is that Mizzou goes to the SEC, and the Big 12 takes Louisville, WVU, and Cincy.

Big 10 also blew off Missouri's desire to join, which is why they are now pursuing an SEC invite.
With what I'm hearing from downtown, they won't get an SEC invite either.

I expect a commitment to the Big 12ish soon.

Big East won't last with 6 football teams...especially since those 6 teams suck. It's a shame that the Big East basketball juggernaut is being broken up though.
The best I can hope for now is that Mizzou goes to the SEC, and the Big 12 takes Louisville, WVU, and Cincy.

TCU has been issued an invitation to the Big 12...

is there any football on tonight? I am getting greedy, needs to run Thursday-Monday..

It's a shame that the Big East basketball juggernaut is being broken up though.

Really?

I know the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network wants us to think that, but any conference with twice as many teams should win twice as many championships.

Really?
I know the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network wants us to think that, but any conference with twice as many teams should win twice as many championships.
Yeah, really.

Sure, there are a lot of teams, but a lot of them are really good. It's akin to the SEC in football. Making it through the Big East basketball schedule unscathed is just as hard as making it through the SEC football schedule undefeated.

Is there a way to exclude the Thursday and Friday games from the pick 'ems? I'm always making my picks at the last minute on Thurs...

And, I think a lot of teams are going to beat the spread this weekend...

Really?
Yeah, really.

Sure, there are a lot of teams, but a lot of them are really good. It's akin to the SEC in football. Making it through the Big East basketball schedule unscathed is just as hard as making it through the SEC football schedule undefeated.

Also, I don't see depth in Big East basketball.

UConn is good and Carmelo Anthony won a title but their other 20 teams have not done much on the national stage.

Also, I don't see depth in Big East basketball.
UConn is good and Carmelo Anthony won a title but their other 20 teams have not done much on the national stage.
I'll grant you the fact that the Big East doesn't produce very many national championships, but it is probably the most loaded conference. The ACC has UNC and Duke. The SEC has Kentucky. The Pac-10 has UCLA. The Big 12 has Kansas. The Big 10 has (had) Indiana. That's about it for those conferences. Those teams have won a shload of national championships, but that's because they get all the talent from their respective pools. Seven different teams from the Big East have won a national championship. The next closest is the Big 10 with 5.

Back