Car Service

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I quit taking it somewhere to have it done was b/c the places that will do it while you wait would always hassle me about not chaning my oil every 3k miles. I did it every 5k miles like the owners manual tells me to. Either that or they would try to sell me other services I didn't need.
I'm lucky because the local dealer has a quick change department on site. They are really good about not upselling. I guess the management of the dealership knows that pi$$es off customers. I'm sure they also get more new and used car sales from people wandering around the lot while their oil is changed.

I kind of wish I had paid someone to do it since I had such a hard time getting the friking oil filter off. It's in an awkward position on my car where no tools can be used to get to it and it was stuck on there pretty well. Next car I buy I'm looking at where the filter is before I buy it. I hate changing the oil on my car.
Have you tried using an old leather belt? Works great for turning a tight oil filter that you can't get a filter wrench on.

Back