Can I select Geotechnical

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ketanco

Reaction score
Hello,

I just learned yesterday that they accepted me for PE exam in October and I will start studying now. My experience is in construction field (and that was also what my experience reflects in my application)

But in college I was focusing on Geotechnical, and I find it easier to do and I was considering may be I should go toward geotech and not construction..

1) Is it ok to change my focus to Geotech now and I study towards Geotech? I want to know if choosing Geotech is allowed for me, even though my experience was much more related to Construction depth, and my application for the exam also reflected experience towards Construction Depth

2) Also, other than being able to design and stamp foundation items, what else is allowed for a geotech engineer to design and stamp, which a construction PE can also stamp? In addition to all foundations, if Geotech is also allowed to stamp most of the things that a construction PE can stamp, then Geotech makes much more sense, am I wrong? Asking this same thing in another way, can you also write what items can a construction PE stamp that a Geotech engineer can not?

Back