Can I call myself P.E.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quick question. this has probably been answered before, but does "wall certificate" refer to that little envelope sized license that hangs on the wall, or does Florida actually send us a certificate similar to a diploma. just curious as I have no clue.

thanks.

quick question. this has probably been answered before, but does "wall certificate" refer to that little envelope sized license that hangs on the wall, or does Florida actually send us a certificate similar to a diploma. just curious as I have no clue.
thanks.

Florida gives out ginormous certificates (at least they used...this will be the time they change it :p ) to hang/frame/show off on your wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ The wall certificate (Diploma) I received was completely off the chain! If you intend to frame it, I think you will need to go to a specialty shop (or FES) in order to do it since it is a non-standard size. Like a bum, my wall cert is STILL in the envelope that it came in on the top shelf of a closet.

JR

This is what the Pennsylvania Board adds to correspondence about the PE exam.

" **Note: You are NOT permitted to practice as a professional engineer or professional land surveyor until you have received your license from the Board. Allow approximately 90 days from receipt of your result letter for processing of a license."

I think you can say that you are, however, you can't sign anything until you recieve your certificate and license number.

Congratulations on passing! :bananalama:

Sara

This whole process is nothing but wait, wait, wait. Wait 4 years to take the exam. Wait 8 weeks for the results. If your lucky, wait just 8 more weeks for your registration to be processed. I'm tired of waiting.

Last edited:
My boss ordered new cards for me, so I guess I'm going with the flow. Went ahead and changed my email signature to say "PE" instead of "EIT". I like the way it looks.

Could somebody call themselves a PE if they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

This whole process is nothing but wait, wait, wait. Wait 4 years to take the exam. Wait 8 weeks for the results. If your lucky, wait just 8 more weeks for your registration to be processed. I'm tired of waiting.
Ok, now wait and see if you are getting a substantial pay raise- Not the miserable $1/hr but at least the more significant $5.50/hour. Wait wait wait....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back