California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^What is that cute thing in your av? I don't give a hoot about CA results, I just like the puppy.

- VTE, owns a puppy
This little guy dressed up like the Virgin Mary for Halloween. I also enjoy the action shot in your AV, but not the cold weather. :beerbang:

Really hope the seismic and surveying results are mailed out today!! The wait is killing me. I want to change my signature block on my work emails from E.I.T. to P.E. finally....

Well let me rephrase... I hope they are mailed out AND I hope I finally passed the Surveying exam.

Ah the old surveying. I, too, am waiting to see if i passed it. but I dont think they were mailed out today. probably end of next week.

I contacted the board and they said letters will be mailed out within the next two weeks

Oh man... who puts EIT on their signature block? :beat:
I never really understood the merit in doing that either. If anything, it almost made that individual appear to be not quite an engineer yet and still "in training". Which is certainly not true in the many different engineering fields out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just the CA license lookup thing and it looks like it was last updated on 12/5. could it be for the non CE licenses?

I called about that - they said as of this morning, PE license numbers (for all disciplines) have not yet been generated for new licensees. They said that you'll likely be able to find yourself in the database by the end of next week, and should get letters the following week...who knows if that's how it'll actually play out.

The woman I spoke with was able to tell me I passed the take-home exam...

Per the Board's Facebook page posted 2 hours ago:

"THE BOARD HAS RELEASED THE RESULTS FOR THE OCTOBER 2013 NCEES (National) ENGINEERING AND LAND SURVEYING EXAMS. ALL CALIFORNIA STATE SPECIFIC EXAMS (Geotechnical, Traffic, Civil – Seismic Principles, Civil – Engineering Surveying, and Land Surveying) ARE STILL PENDING.

Please “like” us on Facebook, and “follow” us on Twitter for the latest announcements and information.

Ric Moore"

Hmmm...So I guess that means I should give up on hoping they mailed them on Wednesday.

I never really understood the merit in doing that either. If anything, it almost made that individual appear to be not quite an engineer yet and still "in training". Which is certainly not true in the many different engineering fields out there.
Agreed! A very substantial amount of EITs will never achieve PE status. This could be due to not getting the qualifying experience, unable to pass the exam, or simply not interested. As an EIT you have no legal authority to practice. IMHO it is presumptuous to put EIT in your title block. Sure you may be excited about your achievements, but many of us PEs think it is silly when we see this.

"THE BOARD HAS RELEASED THE RESULTS FOR THE OCTOBER 2013 NCEES (National) ENGINEERING AND LAND SURVEYING EXAMS. ALL CALIFORNIA STATE SPECIFIC EXAMS (Geotechnical, Traffic, Civil – Seismic Principles, Civil – Engineering Surveying, and Land Surveying) ARE STILL PENDING.

Please “like” us on Facebook, and “follow” us on Twitter for the latest announcements and information.

Ric Moore"

Hmmm...So I guess that means I should give up on hoping they mailed them on Wednesday.
I must not be privy to all of their facebook posts then, because the two posts they put up today talk about the FE and FS exams but don't mention the NCEES PE and PS exams. Either that or they changed the post you saw with the FE/FS post.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Board-for-Professional-Engineers-Land-Surveyors-and-Geologists/107020752801578

The BPELSG site still says the results have only been updated since Dec-05-2013. Also, the next CA engineer will have the number 81685 and this number is still listed as "no records returned". The Facebook page is wrong.

Releasing the results and updating that license lookup page are two totally separate things. So, the Facebook page could be right, and you could also be right. Usually the letters go out a few days before the license lookup is officially updated.

Also, I agree that that post by Ric has been modified or deleted to not mention anything about the PE exam results.

Sorry, I got a little ahead of myself. I was not trying to bash anybody. I can say that I have spent WAY more time checking and re-checking the site than I have done on actual work the last couple of days.

Ric Moore"

I must not be privy to all of their facebook posts then, because the two posts they put up today talk about the FE and FS exams but don't mention the NCEES PE and PS exams. Either that or they changed the post you saw with the FE/FS post.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Board-for-Professional-Engineers-Land-Surveyors-and-Geologists/107020752801578
Interesting! it looks like they've deleted the post discussing the NCEES PE results and specialty exams. Good news perhaps?

Ric Moore"

Interesting! it looks like they've deleted the post discussing the NCEES PE results and specialty exams. Good news perhaps?
I doubt it. I called in and they gave me the patented "2 more weeks" response.

Agreed! A very substantial amount of EITs will never achieve PE status. This could be due to not getting the qualifying experience, unable to pass the exam, or simply not interested. As an EIT you have no legal authority to practice. IMHO it is presumptuous to put EIT in your title block. Sure you may be excited about your achievements, but many of us PEs think it is silly when we see this.
They started having us do this at my company about a year ago. It was more so no one could try to say that we are representing ourselves as a PE. Since the company does work accross the country, all the PEs also have to include what states and provinces they are licensed in on their business cards and signature. Again so no one thinks someone is trying to represent tbey are a PE in a location they are not.

The BPELSG site still says the results have only been updated since Dec-05-2013. Also, the next CA engineer will have the number 81685 and this number is still listed as "no records returned". The Facebook page is wrong.
You must realize that the database is updated every night according to the website. As people renew their licenses, they expire, ect... the next CIVIL engineer will have that number. However, it is very possible that the others have been updated already since they did not have to wait for state exam results. Mechanical licenses are up in the 30,000's and electricals in the 20,000's. When I got my mechanical and electrical licenses in the last few years... each time my name was on the database the day after, but my civil buddies had to wait for a while.

Latest posts

Back