CALIFORNIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didnt receive any take home exam package..i just downloaded the exam on their website..

i submitted it a week or 2 after the exam..

i called my evaluator a few weeks ago if she received it..

she confirmed she has and even told me i passed..
Hey Edwin --

I got my results really late for April 06. Actually, if I hadn't called after about 6 days, I probably would've missed the refile deadline. Turns out there was a typo in my address, and it went to the wrong PO box. I was about to go on vacation in SC for two weeks, with no access to mail and no way to refile in time-- so I called (even though the "mandatory" 10 days hadn't passed), told them my story, found out my address was wrong (which was totally the boards fault, because I received everything I needed *before* the exam at the correct PO box!!). They mailed my results to my office, and I got them the very next day. Someone named Larry was very very helpful -- maybe you could try asking for Larry... :dunno:

Oh yeh, and I'm still not in the database even though I passed. And ARJ, I'm a "she" :)

as of today no letter yet.. i dont think they have a wrong address as i verified it with my evaluator...

the thing is I now live in Texas so it's pefectly logical that mine will arrive 2 to 3 days after you receive yours..

but i'm expecting to receive it tomorrow.. it shouldnt take longer than that..

i'll keep you posted..

Hey Edwin --
I got my results really late for April 06. Actually, if I hadn't called after about 6 days, I probably would've missed the refile deadline. Turns out there was a typo in my address, and it went to the wrong PO box. I was about to go on vacation in SC for two weeks, with no access to mail and no way to refile in time-- so I called (even though the "mandatory" 10 days hadn't passed), told them my story, found out my address was wrong (which was totally the boards fault, because I received everything I needed *before* the exam at the correct PO box!!). They mailed my results to my office, and I got them the very next day. Someone named Larry was very very helpful -- maybe you could try asking for Larry... :dunno:

Oh yeh, and I'm still not in the database even though I passed. And ARJ, I'm a "she" :)
Edwin,

Yes, I have talked to Larry.. He was helpful. But later on, he handed my PE application case to his supervisor Ignacio. He is also very helpful. Why don't you contact him. His info is below...

Ignacio Lopez-Alvarez, P.E.

Manager, Examination Administration Unit

California Board for Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors 916-263-2248--Phone 916-263-6782--FAX e-mail address: [email protected]

Hey Edwin --

:oops: :th_rockon: :th_rockon: :th_rockon: :blush: :blush:

:oops: :th_rockon: :th_rockon: :blush: :blush: :blush:
ARJ,

No biggie :) I suppose I have a gender-neutral handle, and the odds are in favor of "he" :dunno:

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that you failed the surveying. :th_rockon: That test sucked, I'm still in disbelief that I passed it!!! Don't exactly know how I did it...

One thing I noticed, in my two times taking it, was that the test was COMPLETELY different the second time -- an entirely different mix of topics. You may end up getting a lot more stuff thats up your alley in the April exam....

ARJ,
No biggie :) I suppose I have a gender-neutral handle, and the odds are in favor of "he" :dunno:

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that you failed the surveying. :oops: That test sucked, I'm still in disbelief that I passed it!!! Don't exactly know how I did it...

One thing I noticed, in my two times taking it, was that the test was COMPLETELY different the second time -- an entirely different mix of topics. You may end up getting a lot more stuff thats up your alley in the April exam....
Yep, I felt the same way. It was completely different. It seemed like the first time it was easier. Too bad I didn't study for it then. Oh well, next time I'll be ready regardless. I only failed by a couple of questions. My biggest failure when studying for it this last time wasn't what I studied, or even how I studied, it was that I stayed up studying until 2am the last two nights before the exam. Mentally I was functioning way too slowly. I took for granted the importance of a good nights rest. It took me forever to understand the simplest statements. Time just didn't permit me to read each problem 5 times. This time I'll give my self 3 days of mental and physical rest prior to the exam.

thanks i'll contact larry if i dont receive my letter tmrw..meanwhile :dunno: :)
edwin ..

I am looking in my
crystalball.gif
for you ....

"No Whammy ... No Whammy ... No Whammy ...
3.gif
"

1.gif

signs003.gif

JR

HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE FOR A MAIL FROM CALIFORNIA TO ARRIVE IN TEXAS.. THEY SENT IT WEDNESDAY LAST WEEK..

UNTIL NOW I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY RESULTS..

:) :) :brickwall:

HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE FOR A MAIL FROM CALIFORNIA TO ARRIVE IN TEXAS.. THEY SENT IT WEDNESDAY LAST WEEK..UNTIL NOW I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY RESULTS..

Edwin,

Did you talk to Larry or Ignacio at the Board? I left a contact info in my previous post.

HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE FOR A MAIL FROM CALIFORNIA TO ARRIVE IN TEXAS.. THEY SENT IT WEDNESDAY LAST WEEK..UNTIL NOW I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY RESULTS..

Edwin that is so terrible!!! Did you check your address with your evaluator before or after the exam? They had my addrees right *before* the exam, but for some reason had a typo in the address that they mailed my results to...

I don't know how you can take it!! I'd totally be calling the board by now...

If it makes you feel any better, the online license lookup has most definitely NOT been updated yet... so just because your name doesn't show up doesn't mean you're not a PE!

i think ignacio has resigned already.. i was able to talk to larry and he just referred me to my evaluator.. they have the correct address..

anyway, i was able to talk to someone in the releasing department and she said

if i dont receive it by friday (10 days)..

i can request for a duplicate copy.. but she will also send me another copy of my results by email..

man, i live near the office and i would go home during lunch break just to check my mails... sick..

but now i stopped expecting to receive any results.. i'll just consider it lost..

and wait for my results via email on friday..

by the way royal flush and bigwolf is your name in the database yet??

i think ignacio has resigned already.. i was able to talk to larry and he just referred me to my evaluator.. they have the correct address..

i can request for a duplicate copy.. but she will also send me another copy of my results by email..

man, i live near the office and i would go home during lunch break just to check my mails... sick..

but now i stopped expecting to receive any results.. i'll just consider it lost..

nope, my name is still not in the database -- I'll let you know as soon as I see it there...

Edwin--I am still not in the database either.....You still have a shot!!!!! Hang in there!!!!!! I would think that if you are in Texas, that letter should be there any day now.....at the latest.

In the words of JR (minus the cool smileys)....NO WHAMMYS.....NO WHAMMYS.......

Keep us posted dude. I'll let you know if my name pops up in the database.

Edwin---Just wanted to give you a heads up that I was put in the online database last night.

Keep us posted!!!!--->We're looking for some good new!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :multiplespotting:

my name is not yet in the database (hoping it's not yet 100% updated),

and i have not received my results' letter.

i will request for a duplicate copy on friday via email and hopefully they'll send

me the copy the same day via email as well.

Back