CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time taker, PASSED woohooo!!!

Irvine, CA Postmarked 1/10

The theory holds true!

Hi All

I was waiting for Seismic only.....

got the letter today in Sacramento dated Jan 7, 2011... didn't make it....

congrats to those who passed....

my seismic diagnostic report

Section A - Deficient

Section B - Deficient

Section C - Marginal

Section D - Deficient

Section E - Marginal

any suggestions on what accounts to pass the SEISMIC

Hi All
I was waiting for Seismic only.....

got the letter today in Sacramento dated Jan 7, 2011... didn't make it....

congrats to those who passed....

my seismic diagnostic report

Section A - Deficient

Section B - Deficient

Section C - Marginal

Section D - Deficient

Section E - Marginal

any suggestions on what accounts to pass the SEISMIC
that is the same as my first time, second time i got all deficient, so i decided to study for the third try and bought the hiner book and went through most of it once, practice tests a couple times. it has everything you need besides the ASCE and IBC. the index was very helpful on questions i didnt know and looked up at the end. i always study less then others but just study it till you feel comfortable answering the example questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to everyone who helped relieve my stress while thinking about the exam results. Silvamela, Thank you so much for the THEORY. I Passed! I was a silent reader but decided to post my postmark date

1-10-11 in LA

Thank you to everyone who helped relieve my stress while thinking about the exam results. Silvamela, Thank you so much for the THEORY. I Passed! I was a silent reader but decided to post my postmark date
1-10-11 in LA
I must also thank to this forum, it was great to talk to each other, share wild ideas and theories :) It truly helped reducing my nervousness of waiting for results.

Congrats to all new PEs, good luck to those still waiting, and to those no so lucky this time - don't be discouraged, be committed and study hard, it will happen.

Silvana

:thankyou:

letter came in today. post dated Jan 10. last name C, I am in Virginia
passed all three in 1st attempt

:party-smiley-048:

No letter in Chicago yet and my post office is a major hub for the north-west side. Here is hoping for tomorrow.
Im in Florida, haven't get the letter yet but CA board database is updated. I passed, was waiting for seismic (2nd time).

No letter in Chicago yet and my post office is a major hub for the north-west side. Here is hoping for tomorrow.
Im in Florida, haven't get the letter yet but CA board database is updated. I passed, was waiting for seismic (2nd time).
I'm in PA, haven't gotten my letter yet either but I too checked the CA Board License lookup and I passed! I was waiting on Surveying.

I'm in PA, haven't gotten my letter yet either but I too checked the CA Board License lookup and I passed! I was waiting on Surveying.
No I'm worried. No letter in MD and not in the database. #@!##@

No letter for me and not in DB either - I took all 3 tests though. Is it that the database was only updated for people waiting on the seismic and/or surveying tests? That's what I'm hoping for at least....

No letter for me and not in DB either - I took all 3 tests though. Is it that the database was only updated for people waiting on the seismic and/or surveying tests? That's what I'm hoping for at least....
I'm just waiting for seismic and surveying, last name V. Maybe they didn't get through the whole alphabet. I'm an out of state comity applicant. Thanks for posting. I'm going crazy and now I know at least somebody else is in the same boat. Give some hope

i was just waiting on seismic and i still haven't received my letter (Denver, CO) but i just check the license look up and i am on there!!!! (last name T) :multiplespotting:

any of you still waiting, check the license lookup and good luck!

....OK..... so still seems like the only people whose names are now on the database were just waiting on one of the seismic/surveying tests.

I love how this waiting game is turning into conspiracy theory

I took all three for the 1st time and received my passing letter yesterday. I'm not listed in the database yet, so I'm not sure if the database has been fully updated.

I appeard on all three, still waiting for the letter and database is not showing my name. Sounds scary to me.

I took all three for the 1st time and received my passing letter yesterday. I'm not listed in the database yet, so I'm not sure if the database has been fully updated.
Can you please keep an eye on database and let us know when your names pops up. Thanks in advance.

Database is updated for me with Civil only had 8 hour left.

I got letter yesterday postmarked 1/10. Passed all three. Database doesn't show it up yet.

Last number updated (before October result was out) was 77195 and the last number updated last night is 77584. I would imagine more than 389 clearing civil ? Keep hope!

I FAILED SURVEY.
HOW HELPFUL IS C V CHELAPATI'S SURVEY REVIEW MANUAL AND SEMINAR?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Sorry to hear.

I took the offsite - online version. Really just used the library of past classes so I could study on my own schedule. Both the book and course helped me study. The book is a little disjointed and contained some advanced problems that wouldn't even be considered for the exam. The instructor was good, but tended to get off subject every once and a while. If you take the course let me know and I'll let you know what problems the instructor told us not to worry about. I felt alright with the exam, but like most, I ran out of time at the end. If I fail (haven't heard yet) I just planned on doing problems over and over. Know your curves and leveling inside and out.
I want to buy Chelapti book. Please let me know if I can buy from you.

Thanks

Back