CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CA Board does not select the cut-off score or determine who passes or fails. Pass/Fail, cut-scores for the NCEES exam are same for all states. Of course, I'm only speeking about the 8hr Civil PE exam, not the state specifics.

Actually this is not true. NCEES makes a recommendation on the cut off score and it is up to each state to either accept that recommendation or make their own cut off score. Most states just accept the NCEES recommendation whereas others want to have a board meeting to discuss the pass rates etc. Not sure that I have heard of any state not accepting the NCEES recommendation on the passing score.

I am up here in Maine so will probably have to wait an extra day or two for the USPS to deliver my letter once they come out...ugh.
Im sure your right. But if that is the way they do it why would CA except 8hr PE results from all 49 other states? Out of state applicants only need to take siesmic and surveying. All states accept 8rh NCEES exam results from each other. But like you said - it's probably just that they always take NCEES recomendations.

I am up here in Maine so will probably have to wait an extra day or two for the USPS to deliver my letter once they come out...ugh.
You should be able to see if you passed on the ncees website well before you get a letter.
I think Maine is sending out letters, not using the website- per the webpage for ME. Wish I was the supervisor at the Board's office right now- I'd be a Sargent Hulka ranting "Get these results out or 100 push ups and then were gonna.......! :sharkattack:

NY is reporting that they will have results Monday Jan 10th. The race to avoid last place is getting harder.

I think i read on here that the RI board has to approve their results at their next meeting, which isn't until like Jan 19th or 20th. If that's true i don't see how CA could be last.
+ just read IA looks like they won't get results till next week.
Maybe we need to look at these dates as indicators of when we will get our results. CA is always last right? Like someone mentioned, CA posted that the results would come out early last year, before they posted that it would be another two weeks... I bet last years test takers thougth that would be the year that CA breaks the loosing streak - they were fooled.
That is what she said

You should be able to see if you passed on the ncees website well before you get a letter.
I think Maine is sending out letters, not using the website- per the webpage for ME. Wish I was the supervisor at the Board's office right now- I'd be a Sargent Hulka ranting "Get these results out or 100 push ups and then were gonna.......! :sharkattack:
Sorry i wasn't clearer. I took the seismic and surveying in CA in Oct. so waiting for my results to be sent by mail from CA to ME might take an extra day or two.

I think i read on here that the RI board has to approve their results at their next meeting, which isn't until like Jan 19th or 20th. If that's true i don't see how CA could be last.
+ just read IA looks like they won't get results till next week.
Maybe we need to look at these dates as indicators of when we will get our results. CA is always last right? Like someone mentioned, CA posted that the results would come out early last year, before they posted that it would be another two weeks... I bet last years test takers thougth that would be the year that CA breaks the loosing streak - they were fooled.
That is what she said
and the wait has been really long and hard!

10 fer Greg C. Yep, looks like your going to be waiting for snail mail to Maine, if thats the address on your application.

should be early january. See page 15 paragragh 4 of link:
http://www.pels.ca.gov/about_us/meetings/a...inutes_8-10.pdf

and xavier the registration with NCEES is separate from the board. Dont wait to send in your refile application until feb or you will be screwed

edited to not sound like an a hole.
So steve...how's that research treating you?
Technically, we're still in early January, which should end after next week, in which we SHOULD DEFINITELY receive our results by then. But I'm a bit doubtful regarding what "steveno_3" said about waiting till February to send our refile applications, as the refile due date is January 21st.

However, if we don't receive our results after the end of next week, we all have a legitimate reason to complain to the Board for screwing things up.

and xavier the registration with NCEES is separate from the board. Dont wait to send in your refile application until feb or you will be screwed

Good so far. I consider early january up untill 1/11/10, after that we are in mid january

Technically, we're still in early January, which should end after next week, in which we SHOULD DEFINITELY receive our results by then. But I'm a bit doubtful regarding what "steveno_3" said about waiting till February to send our refile applications, as the refile due date is January 21st.

However, if we don't receive our results after the end of next week, we all have a legitimate reason to complain to the Board for screwing things up.
i was saying not to wait untill february to refile.

I don't think that this time the result will depends on the hand of CA board because--->
" When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

http://www.ncees.org/Exams/States/CA.php
I did not see this earlier. We might get the results straight from NCEES this way. Some of the other states, it says that they send them to the respective Boards to hand out. 10 weeks would be about Jan. 8th. Makes sense that the re-file deadline is Jan 21st. Kind of makes me mad that the proctor made that 15 week comment.
The results will have to be released in time for the April 2011 registration. The NCEES website says registration is open through 18 Feb. It could still be a while before we get our results in CA. Jan 8th wold be nice, but I don't expect to see anything until the last week of Jan.
How are you going to refile by jan 21 if you expect results in last week of january? :leghump:

I don't think that this time the result will depends on the hand of CA board because--->
" When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

I did not see this earlier. We might get the results straight from NCEES this way. Some of the other states, it says that they send them to the respective Boards to hand out. 10 weeks would be about Jan. 8th. Makes sense that the re-file deadline is Jan 21st. Kind of makes me mad that the proctor made that 15 week comment.
The results will have to be released in time for the April 2011 registration. The NCEES website says registration is open through 18 Feb. It could still be a while before we get our results in CA. Jan 8th wold be nice, but I don't expect to see anything until the last week of Jan.
How are you going to refile by jan 21 if you expect results in last week of january? :leghump:
JUST WAIT.

JUST WAIT.
will you wait for me? becuase im tired of waiting :wanker:

NY is going to beat CA as usual. They informed they are going to release results Monday.

On July 17th CAPELS who I think is AKA Ric Moore wrote this:

"July 16, 2010, at 4:26 pm, 16 buckets of exam results were picked up by the US POST office, pre-postmarked for delivery.

Good luck and Please don't start calling on Monday looking for your results...Give the mail some time, and the license lookup too."

I can't remember what the refile deadline was then, but think it was at least 2 weeks later. Think I'll try to look it up. Yes, I am going crazy, bored, not working, doing useless things etc.etc.

:brickwall:

There is a disagreement between us and board in the way January is divided, board considers only two proportions, one is early and other is late.

On July 17th CAPELS who I think is AKA Ric Moore wrote this:
"July 16, 2010, at 4:26 pm, 16 buckets of exam results were picked up by the US POST office, pre-postmarked for delivery.

Good luck and Please don't start calling on Monday looking for your results...Give the mail some time, and the license lookup too."

I can't remember what the refile deadline was then, but think it was at least 2 weeks later. Think I'll try to look it up. Yes, I am going crazy, bored, not working, doing useless things etc.etc.

:brickwall:
July 16, 20101 was friday. If they repeat the performance, we will know the results tomorrow.

Hope CA beats NY.

There is a disagreement between us and board in the way January is divided, board considers only two proportions, one is early and other is late.
well thats a retarded way to divide a month, so...makes sense. I can see them trying to explain that jan 14th is early january and jan 16th is late january

Last edited by a moderator:
Back