CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellas, now it is official that life sucks, this wait is freqen killing and if got failed that will be the worst thing that can happen.

Fellas, now it is official that life sucks, this wait is freqen killing and if got failed that will be the worst thing that can happen.

I had a dream last night of me taking a day off work and just sitting in front of my computer refreshing the screen over and over again...and in my dream it never showed results!!

Wake up!!!!! It wasn't a dream!

CA is always last. Is that changing this year? Did NCEES say they would give you guys your results electronically now? That still wouldn't help you civils, though, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
The California folks are actually handling the waiting fairly well. Take a look at the New York thread - they seem to have more aggressive tendancies.

Checked the Board website yesterday...sure you all saw this:

The Board anticipates releasing all NCEES and State-Specific examination results for the EIT (FE), LSIT (FS), PE, and PLS examinations (with the exception of the California State-Specific Structural Engineer examination results) in early January 2011. The Board anticipates releasing California State-Specific Structural Engineer examination results by end of January 2011.

Posted December 30, 2010

The Board anticipates releasing all NCEES and State-Specific examination results for the EIT (FE), LSIT (FS), PE, and PLS examinations (with the exception of the California State-Specific Structural Engineer examination results) in early January 2011. The Board anticipates releasing California State-Specific Structural Engineer examination results by end of January 2011.

Posted December 30, 2010

Yes, we all saw that last week. In fact, I posted the same thing before you did
here.

Posted December 30, 2010

Yes, I read this + they made a deadline of Jan 21st for re-file. Its going to be this week, which is an improvement from years past. Unless the CA Board underestimated the time to "validate" the results, which is possible, they would be a step below carrier pigeons.

Looks like we will be waiting on snail mail for CA state specific results:

me: Hey i saw on the CA Board website the expect to release the PE results in early january (excluding the state specific structural exam). Do you know if the NCEES 8 hour results as well as the state specific surveying and seismic (for Civil) will be released through the NCEES website?

Just a moment...

me: I am waiting on results for only the CA state specific seismic results

Support Agent: state specific exam results will not be released thru NCEES website

me: ok, thank you for your time

Support Agent: Thank you for contacting us.

Chat session disconnected

They told me that before too, but i was hoping the board would change their mind

By this Friday they will be passed "early" and on to "mid". But, since they also messed up "late December" and "we won't raise taxes" who knows. Way to go CA.

By this Friday they will be passed "early" and on to "mid". But, since they also messed up "late December" and "we won't raise taxes" who knows. Way to go CA.
Anything is possible in this state. Hell, we re-elected a lifetime failure to be governor....again! I thought the definition of crazy was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Maybe I'm crazy instead.

i had emailed the CA Board last week to see how we would be getting our results and here is what the Examinations Manager recently responded with:

"The California Board will approve release of the PE results for National exams simultaneously with the Board’s release of the PE results for the State PE exams.

For the national results, applicants will receive an email from NCEES instructing them to login to their NCEES account for the results. For the state results, the Board will be mailing the notices.

We anticipate that PE results for both national and state exams, with the exception of the state structural exam, will be released early this month in time for those applicants that failed to refile by January 21, 2011 for the April 2011 exams."

Just thought I would pass it along FYI. Pretty clear how we will be getting results, just not so clear as to when...

i had emailed the CA Board last week to see how we would be getting our results and here is what the Examinations Manager recently responded with:
"The California Board will approve release of the PE results for National exams simultaneously with the Board’s release of the PE results for the State PE exams.

For the national results, applicants will receive an email from NCEES instructing them to login to their NCEES account for the results. For the state results, the Board will be mailing the notices.

We anticipate that PE results for both national and state exams, with the exception of the state structural exam, will be released early this month in time for those applicants that failed to refile by January 21, 2011 for the April 2011 exams."

Just thought I would pass it along FYI. Pretty clear how we will be getting results, just not so clear as to when...

Good post. I emailed the CA Board last week requesting clarification on that exact issue. They never got back to me. The conversation you had is exactly what I wanted to know.

So it sounds like if the approval comes simultaneously for the state specific and national, we can expect to see our national results at least two days or so before we get the state specific through the mail. That ought to add an interesting twist to the anxiety we will experience waiting for the state specific results.

Seems really stupid to me. I read this as the 8 hour exam results will be on the NCEES website, and the Surveying and Seismic will be snail mail? Why not allow NCEES display all of the results?

Good post. I emailed the CA Board last week requesting clarification on that exact issue. They never got back to me. The conversation you had is exactly what I wanted to know.

So it sounds like if the approval comes simultaneously for the state specific and national, we can expect to see our national results at least two days or so before we get the state specific through the mail. That ought to add an interesting twist to the anxiety we will experience waiting for the state specific results.
I just called CA Board: PE/PLS Evaluator 2: Last names from H through N: (916) 263-2252). The lady told me: The information I have now is all the results will be released by the end of January.

:waitwall:

I just called CA Board: PE/PLS Evaluator 2: Last names from H through N: (916) 263-2252). The lady told me: The information I have now is all the results will be released by the end of January.

:waitwall:
WHhhaaat??? So, so messed up. Why do they have to mess with us like this?

Some unrelated info; It looks like Geologists will now be included into BPELS, or I should now say BPEGLS. The Executive Officer got fired I think, but they are secretly not posting this info. The Meeting Minutes have not been posted since May. They have changed some of the laws and the engagement reference forms in regard to having a supervisor with 'responsible charge' requirements. Looks like very confusing and vague and developed by someone with carrier pigeon mental capability. Yep, CA is a great state, but the politicians running it are, well lets just say, they need to go back to running hot dog stands.

I just called board, I was transfered by operator to Rick, the gentelman was kind enough to confirm that we are getting results early in January as mentioned on website and state results will be snail mailed and national exam is coming via NCEES website. Not sure from where carhistory is getting his information

I just called board, I was transfered by operator to Rick, the gentelman was kind enough to confirm that we are getting results early in January as mentioned on website and state results will be snail mailed and national exam is coming via NCEES website. Not sure from where carhistory is getting his information
Probably just depends on who you talk to. If you get ahold of one that has answered this question 100 times today they might say something like "ALL results by the end of january". That just means that the state specific structural will be out by then :mf_followthroughfart:

Back