CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think initially board wanted to release the 8 hour exam results independent of the state specific, later they changed there mind and here we are, I am expecting it towards the middle of the next week.

DO YOU GUYS THINK WE CAN GET RESULT IN MAIL TOMORROW. TOMORROW IN jANUARY !!!!!!
Baljit Gill, with all due respect, I've seen you post the same questions over and over again on this forum on a frequent basis. My advice to you is give this whole waiting paranoia a rest. Enjoy your New Years holiday and forget about this PE exam results business for this week, as well as the next week. I hope that this coming Monday, you are able to resume your normal tasks at your job, instead of waiting anxiously here for results to come out.

The fact is the California Board has a piss poor record of releasing their results in a timely manner. I mean come on, if you took the FE/EIT exam here in California, don't you remember how long it took for the results to arrive in your mail? I remember they took three whole months before I got the results.

So, don't count on the California Board releasing the results very soon. They're going to take their sweet ass time as they've always done in the past. The best you can do is have an alert set on your personal e-mail from NCEES. That's it. I know it's frustrating, as I'm waiting on my results as well, but there is so much you can do with your time, other than waiting and/or worrying about your PE exam results.

So, do you think we can count on results by Friday? I have my company holiday party on Saturday, so I hope I have something to brag about!!

So, do you think we can count on results by Friday? I have my company holiday party on Saturday, so I hope I have something to brag about!!
I don't think we can "count" on them getting our results by any particular day. 27 states have reported. I predict CA will be in the bottom 5 states...but you can't count on that either.

I think it will be this week. We know CA has the results, and they have to "validate" them. Don't know the exact procedure to "validate". Jan 21st is the re-file deadline. I believe they are not sending out letters this time, vs.you will be able to get your results from the NCEES website, which should save time. I predict all of the States to finish up this week.

I think it will be this week. We know CA has the results, and they have to "validate" them. Don't know the exact procedure to "validate". Jan 21st is the re-file deadline. I believe they are not sending out letters this time, vs.you will be able to get your results from the NCEES website, which should save time. I predict all of the States to finish up this week.

They will be done this week for sure.

When the CA Board says things like "15 weeks," it's meant to cover their butts. When they made the post on December 30th about releasing results by "early January," they were obviously planning on early this week. Otherwise, they would have said "mid January." There is no way they want a bunch of emails and phone calls this coming Monday morning. We will have results by Friday for sure.

I'm hoping even by Wednesday.

When the CA Board says things like "15 weeks," it's meant to cover their butts. When they made the post on December 30th about releasing results by "early January," they were obviously planning on early this week. Otherwise, they would have said "mid January." There is no way they want a bunch of emails and phone calls this coming Monday morning. We will have results by Friday for sure.

What's your guess, results by mail or via the NCEES site?

Good luck to you navyasw02. I remember you as one of the few that would post under the Mechanical section sharing your studying experiences which helped me quite a bit.

Fairly certain that CA is going to only release results through the NCEES website, not snail mail. This is not typical, previous Oct examinees had to wait till end of Jan for a letter. They would of not made the "early Jan" post + made a re-file deadline of Jan 21st if they did not change things up. The NCEES website for CA also says that the website will e-mail you to go log on and see/print out your results.

Last year, PELS posted on the website that pass/fail letters were going out on Jan 14, 2010. That same day, they updated their post and said the letters will be sent on Jan 21. It was the most nerve-racking week I had experienced.

My point is to be patient. PELS are not going to work quickly because everyone wants them to. Just like anything else that involves a public agency, you wait... and wait... and wait. They said on the day of the test that you'll wait 13 weeks, so expect 13 weeks. Also, it's easier for PELS to send out one notice per applicant if more than one exam was taken (i.e. seismic/surveying).

It could be worse - they could say that due to furloughs and budget cuts, exam results can be further delayed another 2 weeks. Don't be surprised if that happens in the near future.

For those who think that this affects their study schedule, it really shouldn't. Study in advance of receiving your letter if you think you need to. If you think you passed, you most likely did. If you're not sure, then don't be surprised if you didn't.

Last year, PELS posted on the website that pass/fail letters were going out on Jan 14, 2010. That same day, they updated their post and said the letters will be sent on Jan 21. It was the most nerve-racking week I had experienced.
My point is to be patient. PELS are not going to work quickly because everyone wants them to. Just like anything else that involves a public agency, you wait... and wait... and wait. They said on the day of the test that you'll wait 13 weeks, so expect 13 weeks. Also, it's easier for PELS to send out one notice per applicant if more than one exam was taken (i.e. seismic/surveying).

It could be worse - they could say that due to furloughs and budget cuts, exam results can be further delayed another 2 weeks. Don't be surprised if that happens in the near future.

For those who think that this affects their study schedule, it really shouldn't. Study in advance of receiving your letter if you think you need to. If you think you passed, you most likely did. If you're not sure, then don't be surprised if you didn't.
You are 100% right. That bring me back to the last year waiting time.

CA...ha ha ha. I guess that is why they change their name today. http://www.pels.ca.gov/

They want people to forget about this sadly history...

Last edited by a moderator:

It's hard to say. I think even if we get the email saying we can view our results on MyNCEES, we will still get them througth the mail later. I think that someone on this board posted that CA board told them that we would get the email. I sure hope so. An email would get us those results a couple days faster.

I think the result will be on the myNCEES account. That is what they did for the FE exam in CA few weeks ago.

I think the result will be on the myNCEES account. That is what they did for the FE exam in CA few weeks ago.
Correct, on the CA page on ncees.org is states,

"When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

Well, it looks like its not today. It will probably be tomorrow when I'm sitting in my meeting all day long and I can't check.

Good luck to you navyasw02. I remember you as one of the few that would post under the Mechanical section sharing your studying experiences which helped me quite a bit.
Thanks, I'm glad I could be of help.

Correct, on the CA page on ncees.org is states,

"When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."
Yea, but NCEES also said it would be released in the last week of December. CA screwed the pooch on that already so I'm betting they'll send out the results on a flock of carrier pigeons and just hope they make it to the right recipients.

Back