California Dreamin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also sucks for those who just needed the 8 hour to pass have to wait so long to get their license. I'm only waiting on seismic.

On a side note (but related):

Anyone on here ever apply to a different state if they don't pass the state specifics? My job doesn't care which state I have it in. I haven't been able to because I'm in that range of 2 < years of experience < 4. Come March I'll finally have 4 years. Also, its a little awkward asking my references to write another letter, so I hope I passed for that reason too.

I've had a coworker pass the 8 hour in California, but not the state specifics and he was able to get licensed in Texas. You may need the 3 references for whatever state board.

Just spoke to a few people at the board. First the evaluators, apparently there is no lic # next to my name in thier system (I'm mech eng and passed the exam), they said there was a lot of info they had to gather apart from the results before license #'s are issued. I asked a few tricky questions about schedules and timelines and was transfered to the person who does the actual licensing input. She doesn't really pay attention to dicipline etc so couldn't tell me what had come in so far. She has already processed a bunch yesterday and today, and said that they 'upload' the following day. So maybe we'll see the first wave of new licenses tomorrow? Then again, she said she 'thought' she had done some last week too, so who knows lol

Thanks for the info, but it sounds like we're still left here waiting and wondering. Hopefully some of the licensees will show up tomorrow. It would be nice if they provided on their website an estimated date range for when our names should appear in the database.

I'm officially in the database! (industrial) Previous posters are correct - it lists my license expiration date as March 31, 2012. We'll have to pay up again soon.

The license numbers are discipline specific. IEs are in the 4300s - the few, the proud, the frequently taunted

The license numbers are discipline specific. IEs are in the 4300s - the few, the proud, the frequently taunted
Thank you! Here I am checking 78857 each day.... I need to be lookin at the 35,000's...looks like there are a lot of out of state licenses heading out in the Mechies, suppose the comity applications are heading through first. Hope I'm tomorrow.

I guess the letter IS a part of the license number since #4300 has 6 licensees from different diciplines..

The saga continues

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo I am up on License Lookup. I guess that means I passed the take home too. Thanks for everything California-the Greatest State in America.

Yes! I'm in the License Lookup now. I wasn't in there last night, even though this morning still says last updated December 27, 2011. I searched by my last name. Anyone know if its ok to now use P.E., even though I don't have the official certificate from snail mail yet?

Yes! I'm in the License Lookup now. I wasn't in there last night, even though this morning still says last updated December 27, 2011. I searched by my last name. Anyone know if its ok to now use P.E., even though I don't have the official certificate from snail mail yet?
I checked last night and I wasn't on it, but I'm on there this morning too. They must be updating it overnight. This is going to be a great New Year!

Just finished updating my work email signature and work Biodata to include my newly acquired PE status-one of the proudest moments in my career/life. Now just for the actual Cert. I have not seen a CA PE cert but I suspect it is going to look magnificent!

Just finished updating my work email signature and work Biodata to include my newly acquired PE status-one of the proudest moments in my career/life. Now just for the actual Cert. I have not seen a CA PE cert but I suspect it is going to look magnificent!
Of course it will. There are too many PE's where I work. A lot of them don't even bother to display their certificates in the cubicle. Still, I plan to display mine. :)

Congrats to all the new Mechies and Electricals PEs!

Are there any new Civil licenses in the system already?

Got me a license number! Off to engineer seals to make a little purchase and update my email signiture!

:multiplespotting:

Good luck Civils for tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Back