CA Specific Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooo he said "at the earliest"? dang i didn't catch that. well then...time to focus on work stuff (HA HA WHO AM I KIDDING F5 F5 F5)

Good question...when you received your national exam results from NCEES, there should had been a 'Next Step' choice that would had linked to more information, presumably on the Board's website (which ever Board you registered for at NCEES), and which would have included a link to a notification form.  Submitting this to the California Board tells the Board that you passed the national exam portion so they can update their database with that information.  If you have now met all the criteria for licensing in California, your account will then be flagged for licensing.  That form can be found at http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/board_notification_form.pdf
I found the "next steps" page on the board's website. It says we can e-mail the notification form.

http://bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/ncees_pe_exam_next_steps.shtml

Prior to testing, I verified with the Board that I had met all the criteria except for one remaining exam. I have passed my last exam. But didn't get a congrats email. Did others that have met the criteria get a congrats email yesterday?
As far as I know I have met all the requirements for licensing, having found out I passe Seismic yesterday. No congratulatory email. So I'm in the same boat. More waiting.

Good question...when you received your national exam results from NCEES, there should had been a 'Next Step' choice that would had linked to more information, presumably on the Board's website (which ever Board you registered for at NCEES), and which would have included a link to a notification form.  Submitting this to the California Board tells the Board that you passed the national exam portion so they can update their database with that information.  If you have now met all the criteria for licensing in California, your account will then be flagged for licensing.  That form can be found at http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/board_notification_form.pdf
@CAPLS I submitted my Successful Notice today. I know the board is probably extremely busy, but will there be any chance for me to be on December's License cycle?

1) The two California civil engineering exams will be offered everyday on a nationwide basis and subject to those dates/times when the CBT testing centers are open.  I believe this is mostly 6 days a week.
2) Results are scheduled to be released on a monthly basis somewhere about mid-month in the month following.  Ex. All April results will be released about mid-May, May results released mid-June, and so on...
3) To the best of my knowledge, there are 55 questions on each of the two civil engineering exams.  Examinees should strive to answer all 55 questions to the best of their ability.  Each question is worth the same number of points (1 point each) and there is no penalty for an incorrect answer...you just don't receive the 1 point.
4) No
5) Study the published test plan specifications as it relates to your unique education and experience.  Nothing...NOTHING...is more helpful then actual work experience.  Ask others what has worked for them and consider whether that will work or not work for you.
Approved candidates will only be able to sit ONCE per exam within a calendar quarter, which means that candidates now have 4 opportunities to test throughout the year.
Now I love you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Question:

So......I passed all 3 exams this October (8hr, seismic, & survey)

What do I do next?  in terms of receiving my license number, the seal and electronic seal?

@CAPLS Is it a waste of time to have the board review our exams if we failed? I'm probably in denial, but I find it so hard to believe I did as bad as the diagnostic report shows. Thanks in advance.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE EXAMS EVER AGAIN !!!!! I THINK! congrats to everyone who passed, and KEEP PUSHING AND TRY AGAIN to those who didn't!!!!!! you can do it!!!!

Question:

So......I passed all 3 exams this October (8hr, seismic, & survey)

What do I do next?  in terms of receiving my license number, the seal and electronic seal?
See previous posts on notifying the Board on passing the national exam.  Just a few up.

@CAPLS Is it a waste of time to have the board review our exams if we failed? I'm probably in denial, but I find it so hard to believe I did as bad as the diagnostic report shows. Thanks in advance.
California laws do not allow for exam results to be reviewed or appealed.

Back