CA Specific Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you read the form correctly, you will notice that it is for the NCEES Principles and Practice of Surveying exam, not the CA state specific surveying exam. Therefore, per what @CAPLS has already said, sit back and relax, and wait to hear from BPELSG. Check the database for your name if you'd like, in the mean time.
My understanding is the form needs to be filled out and transmitted to the board so they are aware that you passed the 8-hour exam. Once they know, and assuming you passed seismic and surveying, they will issue a license. 

I noticed this form only lists the tests for 8 hour and surveying....so if I passed seismic as my last test, I don't need to submit this form?
I believe you should be select the NCEES Principles and Practice of Engineering Exam option and mail that to the board. @CAPLS Is this correct?

Has anyone recieved an email from the Board with their temporary license? Haven't gotten mine. Hope they didn't loose my fingerprints or something.

So i've notified the board 2 weeks ago about my PE test and now that i have also passed the both exams, should i just kick back and wait to hear from the board ?
Did you happen to get an email confirmation for submitting the Notice of Completion Form? Just Wondering.

@CAPLS

I am in California. I passed the 8 hour Civil WRE and Survey for October 2017. Should I send in a "Notice of Successful National Examination" right now or should I wait until I pass Seismic?
Either way, but I would advise you to do it now so the Board’s database can’t be updated. Then you don’t have to wait longer after you pass the last exam.  Doesn’t cost you anything to do it now. 

Thanks for the info. I was told by Susan Christ that the CA board just uses the NCEES ID to verify it themselves, so I didn't send a request. I sent one via NCEES just now just in case.

I called CA board but I was met with a voicemail so I'll wait for a confirmation there. At the home stretch.. 
What you mentioned can be true IF you passed the national exams after 2010 when NCEES implemented the registration system. If you passed any exams prior to that, there would need to be a verification requested from the state that allowed you to sit for those. 

I noticed this form only lists the tests for 8 hour and surveying....so if I passed seismic as my last test, I don't need to submit this form?
The form you referenced only lists the national PE exam, in whatever discipline you chose, or the national PS exam which is the national exam for surveyor Licensing.  Don’t confuse that with the California Civil Engineering Surveying exam,  different beast.

you only submit this form to notify the Board that you passed the required national exam. If you’ve passed all three required exams for civil, you’ll be issued a license letter. 

Haven't received any email update on licensure. Is that the typical process? I was expecting to just hit F5 on the board's license look up page until I saw my name. 

@CAPLS Thank you very much for your responsiveness, patience, and good humor on this board. 

Regarding the notification form, I would like to clarify the address of record - I have changed locations with my company and would like to have any physical correspondence mailed to the new address - can the new address be used as the address of record or should I use the original address from the application?
The reason why the Board requests address info on the re-exam form and national notification form is for you to tell the Board if there are any changes. 

Good morning friends.  Licenses got updated over night; its nice to see my name there.  Congrats to those who got licensed and good luck in the future to those still seeking.  I only posted a couple of times, but its been a fun 43 pages of posts.  :)  

My license is in the database as well! Congrats all that passed and good luck to those that will be studying again

My name isn't in the database 🙁 

I had a completed application, and passed all three exams. Is there anything else I need to do? I've asked bpelsg too but don't expect a reply anytime soon 

My name isn't in the database 🙁 

I had a completed application, and passed all three exams. Is there anything else I need to do? I've asked bpelsg too but don't expect a reply anytime soon 
Same here !! I will try to call them in an hour and will let you know if i learn anything.

Same here !! I will try to call them in an hour and will let you know if i learn anything.
Thanks!

Last number is 88750. So it looks like about 754 got new ca licenses . Well more if you count ppl like us

Back