CA Specific Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed Seismic and Survey first try. THANK YOU to everyone who helped on this board, even just those stickied posts are immensely helpful to find out what you should expect. 

Passed the P.E.!!! Congrats to all who passed and I want to tell those who failed to not give up and try until you pass!

AND thanks to the California Board!!! Even though the results came out later... 😅

If I received two attachments in the email that means I failed, right? 

Passed Seismic and Survey first try. THANK YOU to everyone who helped on this board, even just those stickied posts are immensely helpful to find out what you should expect. 
Good job man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I told my husband now that I passed all of the exams, I will have to find a hobby. 

He said I should be his medic for one of his video games.   :rolleyes:

I am so frustrated. I did not pass, second attempt. Felt good enough after this go-round that I thought I would pass. The format of this exam still frustrates me and seems unnecessarily difficult because of the time constraints. Yes, the material is difficult, but it's the length and format of the exam which I think are brutal. I already do not like the clunkiness of navigating a test on a computer software, but it really hit home when comparing with the 8-hour exam with my coworkers. With the 8-hour exam, we had 4 hours to complete 40 questions (6 min/question). With the Seismic Exam, we get 2.5 hours to complete 55 questions (2:44 min:sec/question). If what you say is correct about "beta" questions also being thrown in is also correct ... that only frustrates me even further.
I just took the Seismic test for the 4th time in 3 years.  If it wasn't the only one I had left, I would not have kept trying.   

I have health problems that keep me from sitting too long.  I also get tired really easily.  Even though I just found out I passed the Seismic exam, I still think it is ridiculous that the Seismic and Surveying exams are such a time crunch. In 2016 I finished the 8 hr morning in 3 hours and the afternoon took me about 3 1/2 hours. My problem on the seismic was working more than 30 problems in the 2 1/2 hours. This last time, I took one day off work every week for 12 weeks and studied 16 to 20 hours a week.  That is how I finally got fast enough to the seismic test.  I already knew how to work all of the problems, I am just slow and find the computer cumbersome, so it takes me longer than some. 

There may be wisdom in the time crunch, but I don't see it.   

I am empathetic to your frustration.  Good luck to you. 

Remember to hug your wives/husbands or significant other, kids (if you have any), thank the PEs that signed your reference forms, and everyone else that put up with you while you were studying for the exams. Pass or fail, they are there for you no matter what. And remember, this is just one step towards your career. If you passed, now's the time to celebrate and spend time with those that were there for you. 

Also, thank you @CAPLS for being on point with the scheduling and news updates from the board. I will be doing a donation to EB to help support this as EB has been there for me while I waited for my results. =)

I just took the Seismic test for the 4th time in 3 years.  If it wasn't the only one I had left, I would not have kept trying.   

I have health problems that keep me from sitting too long.  I also get tired really easily.  Even though I just found out I passed the Seismic exam, I still think it is ridiculous that the Seismic and Surveying exams are such a time crunch. In 2016 I finished the 8 hr morning in 3 hours and the afternoon took me about 3 1/2 hours. My problem on the seismic was working more than 30 problems in the 2 1/2 hours. This last time, I took one day off work every week for 12 weeks and studied 16 to 20 hours a week.  That is how I finally got fast enough to the seismic test.  I already knew how to work all of the problems, I am just slow and find the computer cumbersome, so it takes me longer than some. 

There may be wisdom in the time crunch, but I don't see it.   

I am empathetic to your frustration.  Good luck to you. 
Damn, congrats on your long road to licensure. 

Got the surveying results today.  Passed!!! 

That's the only exam I had left.  What do I do with my life now!? :laugh:

The data base was updated last night, my name is not in the license database. Anyone has the same situation?

The data base was updated last night, my name is not in the license database. Anyone has the same situation?
Same here... but people have said earlier this thread, this won't happen automatically, it'll still be some time before our names appear on database I believe. 

Back